NAPA turned me down?

Tom Anderson

I have no felonies or misdemeanors, current hold a Real Estate licenses inactive and also a Loan Officers license inactive. I received my AZ insurance license but when trying to apply for E & O through NAPA was turned down in Underwriting over losing a Builders License in Mi. 13 years when I lost my 11 year business and filed BK. Afterwards customers of unfinished jobs went to the State and complained unbenknowsed to me and they sanctioned me / my company and revoked my Buildets license. I answered Yes to the " Have you ever had a license revoked" question. And submitted same explanation letter I gave to the State licensing board. Any suggestions? I can't start my new career without the E& O? Please any help would be appreciated. Thanks..

I have no felonies or misdemeanors, current hold a Real Estate licenses inactive and also a Loan Officers license inactive. I received my AZ insurance license but when trying to apply for E & O through NAPA was turned down in Underwriting over losing a Builders License in Mi. 13 years when I lost my 11 year business and filed BK. Afterwards customers of unfinished jobs went to the State and complained unbenknowsed to me and they sanctioned me / my company and revoked my Buildets license. I answered Yes to the " Have you ever had a license revoked" question. And submitted same explanation letter I gave to the State licensing board. Any suggestions? I can't start my new career without the E& O? Please any help would be appreciated. Thanks..

Make an appeal in writing to the E&O carrier... also look for other carriers and before applying explain your current situation and request options... just some ideas.

All I can say is 'welcome to the intro class in underwriting'. You'll run into similar situations with your future clients. Over time, you get to know what companies look for and what risk they will accept.

You can probably appeal this denial, but odds are, the suspended/revoked license on a new policy is an automatic denial for Napa. You'll have to find another carrier for now.

I've never sold insurance agent E&O policies so I can't really help with a specific carrier recommendation, but hey, on the top of this page, there is a forum sponsor. If you go to their home page, scroll to the bottom, there is a number to call.

Might take a few calls to various carriers to find one that will accept it. Its just a matter of looking around, you'll find one.

Thanks! I really appreciate the advice and assistance on this. Just frustrating, I didn't even lose the license until well after I was out of business and had filed Bankruptcy. It was not active.

I don't know what lines you want to sell, but with Final Expense and Medicare Supplements, I'd say that less than half the companies require you to have E & O.

Latest posts

Back