National casualty / nationwide Trucking

Joseph Anthony

NYC
NY truck insurance broker, I’ve lost 2 accounts this past year to national casualty.

I’m looking for suggestions on MGAs or clusters that have access to there trucking programs.

I work with only a few mgas and no clusters. I’m very happy with them and I believe they are happy with the business I send them. I have a hand full of spotless accounts and I would love to have more options for them upon renewal.

Any leads are greatly appreciated

A good agent friend of mine sells excusive to truckers here in AZ. He is always complaining about how every year some carriers do some crazy pricing games and how competitive and price sensitive trucking accounts are. Then you have the competing agents playing games with any rating factors they can. These accounts are not small, and when you lose one, you feel it!

Really no help to your situation. Hopefully you can find the carrier access before their door is closed and rates get corrected!

Welcome to the Forum!

The good thing about these accounts is that there is maybe 2 carriers that will take an account mid term so not a great chance of it being moved before renewal. Genesee, RPS are 2 that I use for trucks. I believe they both have National Casualty but may not in your states.

Looks like Midwest. I’ve visited their site before. You can call the carriers you want to write with and ask them which MGAs they are in relationship with. Sometimes that will work. Or ask MGAs that are out of your area or don’t have good options for you if they could recommend any others.

Back