National Data Services

Has anyone use National Data Services for leads? They sell you leads and they guaranteed that you will write the business. But you have to buy 20 leads at a time at $15 per lead. Its seems too good to be true.
It is too good to be true, I purchased these leads from a sales associate, which I do believe it is a one man operation, Jack Davis.. the leads are totally bogus, not screened and most of the phone numbers are disconnected. The leads are totally junk...DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Lessoned learned the hard way $400.00 up front certified check.

It is too good to be true, I purchased these leads from a sales associate, which I do believe it is a one man operation, Jack Davis.. the leads are totally bogus, not screened and most of the phone numbers are disconnected. The leads are totally junk...DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Lessoned learned the hard way $400.00 up front certified check.

I'll say it again: Never, Ever, Ever pay for leads with anything but a Credit Card. Any company that requires a Certified check, wire, ACH, Cash...anything but a Credit Card up front is a company you should avoid! Run away from them & do not listen to the sales reps assurances. RUN.

I'll say it again: Never, Ever, Ever pay for leads with anything but a Credit Card. Any company that requires a Certified check, wire, ACH, Cash...anything but a Credit Card up front is a company you should avoid! Run away from them & do not listen to the sales reps assurances. RUN.
Good advice, Yea the sales rep will not even return my phone calls, no surprize. I have turned it over to the BBB in Los Angelos, I also do not expect to see any help there, but I did use it as a resource prior to purchase and did not find anything negitive about the company listed. I at least want to spread the word, since quite a few people were asking about it. I do not want this guy to take advantage of anyone else.

Our agency signed up for this service back in January after almost daily hounding by Jack Davis. All return communication ceased after informing their replacement service that a "lead" owned their home outright and was wanting to know how her information made it to our office. All calls go straight to voice mail which show no promise of a call back. After looking into it just a little bit, managed to find the complaints lodged on businessconsumeralliance.org National Data seems to have only responded to one complaint. Getting to the point, does any one have an idea of what the next steps to recovering the payment or even going about lodging a formal complaint? BBB is showing that "BBB is currently updating its files on all businesses in the Greater Los Angeles area and pending that review, a BBB rating is unavailable." Any advice at this point is greatly appreciated.

I used this service once. Big mistake. They do send you a new lead for bad ones but you have several things you have to do to get them. The leads are all bad. They require that you respond within 24 hours of the time they set. They replace your bad lead with another bad lead. It turns into a lead management nightmare and eventually you just quit bothering with wasting your time submitting for credit. I learned my lesson the hard way. The salesperson was John Anderson. Paid for my leads and never heard from that guy again. STAY AWAY!!!!

This isn't a bad lead service, it is a blatant scam. They use different company names and fake names for the soliciters. They also go by Homeowners Premier and US Homeowners Marketing. All are the same people doing the same scam.

The addresses are boxes at places like the UPS store and other similiar places that allow you to rent a mailbox.

Could someone in CA hang out at one of these UPS stores and wait for the person picking up the checks? I would like to have a word with them...

I'll post my warning again.

DO NOT PAY FOR LEADS BY ANYTHING BUT YOUR CREDIT CARD! That way you can dispute & get your money back from scam artists like this.

If you pay by PayPal, Check, Money Order.....it means you are not dealing with legit businesses! Just say NO.

I'll post my warning again.

DO NOT PAY FOR LEADS BY ANYTHING BUT YOUR CREDIT CARD! That way you can dispute & get your money back from scam artists like this.

If you pay by PayPal, Check, Money Order.....it means you are not dealing with legit businesses! Just say NO.

I'm sure you didn't intend it this way, but I exclusively use PayPal for payments. That said, you can use credit cards with them. In fact, I think the most buyer protections you can get are using a credit card through paypal because you have the option of going through the paypal dispute process as well as the CC dispute process.

I'll also add that there are a number of folks that try to get into the lead generation business that just aren't cut out for it. They have the best of intentions, but it's not surprisingly harder than it looks. Another reason to do business with a company that has a good reputation is it usually means they've been around long enough to know what they're doing.

I'm sure you didn't intend it this way, but I exclusively use PayPal for payments. That said, you can use credit cards with them. In fact, I think the most buyer protections you can get are using a credit card through paypal because you have the option of going through the paypal dispute process as well as the CC dispute process.

I'll also add that there are a number of folks that try to get into the lead generation business that just aren't cut out for it. They have the best of intentions, but it's not surprisingly harder than it looks. Another reason to do business with a company that has a good reputation is it usually means they've been around long enough to know what they're doing.

You are right Josh! I did not mean it that way...

I should have added: New Businesses for sure, credit card.
You have an Excellent reputation so that of course, make a difference. If I could, I'd only take Checks:) Only a 15 cent or so transaction fee vs. over 2-5+% credit card charge on the balance charged, depending on type of credit/debit card used.

Thank you for catching that..

Back