National health care discussion delayed?

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
Just read about Obama saying that many of the programs he talked about in his campaign will have to be "delayed" given the financial crisis. Obviously that has to mean health care programs. Looks like much of the plans and discussion will be tabled because the country is going to be too broke to even attempt a discussion of a program that would make us even more broke. Someone else robbed the till first before a national health program could.

It wont go away though. I would still maintain that we will end out with something like guaranteed issue with a tax credit. This is will give both parties the illusion of doing something without major restructuring. The fact that that also will be expensive will not stop it.

Spend it like you got it.

Winter

He is such a dummy. REally, now, all he needs to do is raise taxes to 100% and he can implement any GD program he wants. What a dope.

If medicare (only around since what 1965?) is staring at major funding problems (without further reform) down the road, how in the world will they ever do a darn thing about health insurance and expect it to be done successfully?

You know at least the guy is being realistic, the money's not there and isn't going to be there for a long, long time.
McCain still hasn't backed off his we'll just cut taxes and everything will be OK...

I've posted several times neither guy was going to be able to come close to keeping their promises as basically America is going broke during this current administration.

We can't provide health care, nor can we continue to fight wars on several fronts without taxing to pay for it. There's simply no money and as other economies heat up, "we" may not be worth bailing out with foriegn dollars anymore.

At least give the guy credit for being realistic about the situation. It's the first truly honest thing either one of those a holes have said that's remotely true.

At least give the guy credit for being realistic about the situation. It's the first truly honest thing either one of those a holes have said that's remotely true.

Indeed I do. Or least did earlier in the day. This is still a developing drama. I thought that it was realistic to begin to lay out that this crisis is a gamechanger as far as the expectations the candidates set during the campaing. Then later in the day, I read or saw that Obama says that he is now going to be a leader in cutting spending to restore the economy. Huh? The only cost cutting he has proposed is surrendering in Iraq but even there he says the troops simply need to be shifted to Afhanistan.

Its going to be a tough October. Right while the dems and the repubs need to be working together they will be pounding each others brains out on the campaign trail. Once we hit October, the artillery that McRommel will unleash will be unmerciful. Obama will do the same but it will only undermine his "above it all image." What's left anyway.

Winter

Back