National Insurance Awareness Day is June 28

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Bet you didn’t know Tuesday is National Insurance Awareness Day — an annual campaign held every June 28 to remind Americans about the importance of insurance.

Definitely doesn’t get the support or attention that Life Insurance Awareness Month in September does, but hey, any awareness is good awareness, right?

Quick Google search reveals the “Days of the Year” website says “the best way to celebrate the auspicious Insurance Awareness Day is to get in and talk to an insurance agent that can discuss all the various types of insurance that can protect you and your family.”

One agent making an effort to leverage the “holiday” is Ron Sussman, who wrote a commentary for the Courier-Post in New Jersey, which you can check out at this link:

COMMENTARY: Does your insurance fit your life?

My Google search also revealed a piece about it from a website back in 2010 that offered this (shortened by me) list of “ideas” for National Insurance Awareness Day celebrations:

• Offer to shred commercial partner papers and recycle for free in your office
• Sponsor a safe driving course
• Set up a wrecked car outside the agency with a sign, “Are you insured?”
• Have an agency rounding off contest – whoever adds the most policies, gets a paid day off
• Support a local non-profit that you are passionate about and encourage locals to match
• Dress like an insurance agent day – play up the stereotype, the less stylish the better
• Deliver baked goods or branded schwag to VIP commercial insurance partners around town
• Host an insurance agency Olympics competition
• Do a publicity stunt with a partner or town (fire drill) to draw awareness to insurance
• Bake an Insurance Awareness Day cake
• Send out a humorous email blast notifying people of the date
• Spend the entire day volunteering to call attention to the fact that insurance agents don’t just sell

Yeah I know – this is a minute you’ll never get back…:1baffled:

Bet you didn’t know Tuesday is National Insurance Awareness Day — an annual campaign held every June 28 to remind Americans about the importance of insurance.

Definitely doesn’t get the support or attention that Life Insurance Awareness Month in September does, but hey, any awareness is good awareness, right?

Quick Google search reveals the “Days of the Year” website says “the best way to celebrate the auspicious Insurance Awareness Day is to get in and talk to an insurance agent that can discuss all the various types of insurance that can protect you and your family.”

One agent making an effort to leverage the “holiday” is Ron Sussman, who wrote a commentary for the Courier-Post in New Jersey, which you can check out at this link:

COMMENTARY: Does your insurance fit your life?

My Google search also revealed a piece about it from a website back in 2010 that offered this (shortened by me) list of “ideas” for National Insurance Awareness Day celebrations:

• Offer to shred commercial partner papers and recycle for free in your office
• Sponsor a safe driving course
• Set up a wrecked car outside the agency with a sign, “Are you insured?”
• Have an agency rounding off contest – whoever adds the most policies, gets a paid day off
• Support a local non-profit that you are passionate about and encourage locals to match
• Dress like an insurance agent day – play up the stereotype, the less stylish the better
• Deliver baked goods or branded schwag to VIP commercial insurance partners around town
• Host an insurance agency Olympics competition
• Do a publicity stunt with a partner or town (fire drill) to draw awareness to insurance
• Bake an Insurance Awareness Day cake
• Send out a humorous email blast notifying people of the date
• Spend the entire day volunteering to call attention to the fact that insurance agents don’t just sell

Yeah I know – this is a minute you’ll never get back…:1baffled:

Well darn it, that's tomorrow. That's not much notice. I better hurry up and get ready for it!:arghh:

I bet that a TON of people are going to CALL ME to quote them some insurance tomorrow!!! It's gonna be my BEST SALES DAY EVAR!!!

Guess Forester's has heard of it. They sent out a press release yesterday that starts out like this:

NEW YORK, NY, June 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ - Foresters Financial is proud to participate in National Insurance Awareness Day—an annual campaign held every June 28 to remind Americans about the importance of life insurance.

"We are proud to participate in this event," said Carol Springsteen, President of Foresters Life Insurance and Annuity Company, a subsidiary of Foresters Financial Services, Inc. "Life insurance is one of the best safeguards for a family's financial future and should be one of the centerpieces of any sound financial portfolio. Not only can life insurance help protect the assets you have worked so hard to accumulate, it can provide you with the peace of mind of knowing that your family will be protected if anything happens to you."

It goes on to cite stats from LifeHappens and closes with this:

Through this event, Springsteen hopes that Americans will take the opportunity to learn more about how life insurance can help protect them and their family—and specifically encourages them to speak with a Foresters Life Insurance and Annuity Representative who can help choose the life insurance coverage that's best for them with a free, no obligation consultation.

Hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained I guess...

Back