National List of Clusters/aggregators for P&C

Wow, there are a lot of them! I see some are more regionalized and others are nationwide. Does anyone have any thoughts on joining a regional cluster vs. a national one? Advantages/disadvantges?

I'm not a decision-maker in an agency looking to join; I am just curious.

There isnt that many of them, ALOT of those in AgentEquitys website are SIAA master agencies,

The master Agency just buys a "territory" usually a state and runs the SIAA thru that.

Wow, there are a lot of them! I see some are more regionalized and others are nationwide. Does anyone have any thoughts on joining a regional cluster vs. a national one? Advantages/disadvantges?

I'm not a decision-maker in an agency looking to join; I am just curious.

I think a regional clusters offer more. They will have all of the national carriers along with the regional carriers that typically have a "local" advantage when it comes to underwriting.

It all depends on your master agency, mine is always out getting us new carriers and deals. and I can get companies on my own if I chose....

I looked at that list and alot of those are master agencies from SIAA,

Hey guys love this thread...Here is my question. I have been a captive agent for 20 years and now independent. When I was a Nationwide agent all you had to do was put a sign on the door and an ad in the phonebook and we wrote $800k a year in premium. But that was 12 years ago times are different for sure. So I am reading a lot on here where folks have $2 or $3 million dollar books after just a few year. My question is this if you don't mind sharing. What are you doing to generate that much volume? Second my thought process is this. To focus on commercial insurance the premiums are higher can build the book quicker. Lastly, when I decide to go independent last year I went with Smartchoice. It's an ok contract but you get NO support from the field manager at all nor from Smartchoice corp really. You can call and leave a VM with the underwriter and it can take a few days....Any thoughts?

Join the right group and you get four things:

1) Carrier Alignment. (The Carriers you want)
2) Transparency (The Compensation you deserve, noting held back)
3) The Training and support you are looking for. (So many groups fall short on this)
4) The right Contract.

Back