Nationwide CareMatters

Just curious if anyone is writing this or has experience with this product? I was reviewing it the other day and was wondering how it compares with other companies or how it compares to straight LTC?

originally posted by mkd1204

Nationwide YourLife CareMatters Universal Life | Nationwide.com

It appears to be a hybrid policy, UL & LTC. They do not offer a stand-alone LTC policy.

Thanks! I haven't looked at LTC in a while so trying to wrap my head around the differences between the linked benefit plans versus just buying a stand-alone LTC product.. The big thing I noticed is that they look to encourage single pay or ten pay at most so that is a big difference from UL.

Before I go too far down the rabbit hole, is there anything striking that I am missing that would make these better or worse than a standalone product? I will continue to read up on these but if anyone has a good link to an article or even a prior post on this, I'd appreciate it.. The carrier info pages don't always paint the true picture....

Before I go too far down the rabbit hole, is there anything striking that I am missing that would make these better or worse than a standalone product?

Better or worse really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. The company will underwrite for LTC and life, so that can be a factor.

There will be a cost for the life insurance, therefore not as much LTC coverage.

I would get a quote and take a look and compare.

Last edited:
Just curious if anyone is writing this or has experience with this product? I was reviewing it the other day and was wondering how it compares with other companies or how it compares to straight LTC?

35% more expensive than Moneyguard. 90 day waiting period for facility care. Indemnity.

I wouldn't pay 35% for indemnity so Lincoln Moneyguard is better policy value in my eyes. As is State Life Asset Care. But if you want indemnity, this will give it to you.

Don't quote me on it, but I recalled it had a separate LTC pool of money from the life insurance pool. Can someone confirm plz?

Don't quote me on it, but I recalled it had a separate LTC pool of money from the life insurance pool. Can someone confirm plz?

Linked benefit policies are life insurance benefits which can be accelerated for LTC needs plus an extension of LTC benefits. A common design is a 2 year acceleration + 4 year extension. So you can view the pools as either separate or together. Not sure it matters, really.

Back