Nationwide Health

Well, when you start calling people deceptive and in effect crooks thats pretty strong language.

If you're actively marketing in a state other than yours and you get a caller ID to match that state I think that's deceptive. Others may disagree and it's just my opinion.

Have taken quite a few ethics courses over the years and have never seen anything that remotely matches your opinion.

I have seen some customers here in Ohio get calls from people who use the "Caller ID" switch. It doesn't happen often, but when I tell them that they were NOT talking to someone in this area...they are not happy at all.

It's not illegal, but you won't see it taught it any ethics courses either.

The only way I see this thread going now is pure negative. Bor, If want to discuss something with me you can PM me. Other than that we're getting into personal attacks.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm rather new to the health ins. field and I'm currently appointed w/Assurant, Nationwide and BCBS in California. I'm wondering how Nationwide is working out for other agents in CA. Many of my applicants have been declined by Nationwide. It seems their underwriting is a lot more strict than others. Any thoughts or tips for a noobie agent? Thanks.

I write some nhp plans in california and I'll be the 1st to tell you that they are really strict....in fact, if you're not young & healthy you don't stand a good chance of getting them through underwriting (I'm being facetious but you know what I mean).
What you need to do is start qualifying your clients before you submit your application. Then if they disclose any conditions you can call the underwriters to see how they will handle them. In my experience if they say that they'll order the aps and rate up then you're probably gonna have a decline. That's when you go to one of your other appointments:)
I usually don't have a problem with getting people to pay for the farm bureau fees...I don't see it being a big problem so neither does the client, usually :).

Last edited:
Back