Nationwide Risk Consultants, Inc.

Discussion in 'General Insurance Agent Discussions' started by THURSO, Dec 7, 2009.

1. THURSO

THURSO New Member

State:
    Alabama
    We have been approached to be a partner agency in our area. After a $5,000 downpayment, the agency would receive a stipulated number of leads. These would entail us visiting insureds who have expressed interest in a review of their workers compensation classifications / experience rating and possible audit credits therefrom. The agency would receive a nominal fee for each such referral worked. It is marketed that the agency would be in a strong position to bid the insurance program of such client companies. Has anyone had experience in working this program with NRC? Initially, it looks very positive, but feedback from agency associates would help us decide if this is a good move for us at this time. We greatly appreciate your comments.

Best regard, Bill, Florida

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. dhiralez

dhiralez New Member

Bill, did you ever move forward with this? I believe they are called SMP Consulting now and they approached us also. Does anyone have any experience or information to share on this company or program?

Thanks!
    Dan

3. NJBroker

NJBroker New Member

We have been approached as well....unfortunately, it's not a well regarded program. if you do a bit of internet research, you'll see the agencies that made the investment were not delivered what was promised. If their proposition does interest you, I'd ask for a few references.

4. willroat

willroat New Member

We were also approached today, only the "buy in" was 13,800. Does anyone have any experience with this company? We asked for references, but don't want their cherry picked references. Are there other forums or sites that talk about this company?

5. tuxedo125

tuxedo125 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We have also been approached to be a partner agency in our area. The company is no longer know as Nationwide Risk Consultants, Inc. They now go by the name of SMP Consulting Group. SMPConsultingGroup.com After a $8,800 down payment and an additional $2500 at 90 days an additional $2500 at 180 days , the agency would receive a stipulated number of leads. I have asked for references.... but instead received a dated partner testimonial from 2005 for NRC. My gut tells me to pass on this given this forum and their
    inability to provide credible references. Has anyone participated in this program????
    William from SC

as Bill writes on 12/7/2009. These would entail us visiting insureds who have expressed interest in a review of their workers compensation classifications / experience rating and possible audit credits therefrom. The agency would receive a nominal fee for each such referral worked. It is marketed that the agency would be in a strong position to bid the insurance program of such client companies. Has anyone had experience in working this program with SMP? Initially, it looks very positive, but feedback from agency associates would help us decide if this is a good move for us at this time. We greatly appreciate your comments.

Best regard, Bill, Florida

6. ModernInsurance

ModernInsurance Super Genius

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

7. LAindyAgent

LAindyAgent New Member

My agency was contacted as well. We spoke with a agency out of Dallas that was referred to us through SMP. Cherry picked referral, and they raved about SMP. I came accross this forum looking for info on SMP, and haven't had much luck.

8. PAagent2017

PAagent2017 New Member

We were just contacted again, second time by SMP and once by Nationwide. They dropped some broker and client names with us, who we happened to know. The supposed client did not know the name at all. The agent said they never received a single good lead and wasted $13,800. Advised us to steer clear.

9. NWIB

NWIB New Member

Hi I am new to the forum and I have also been approached by this company. Has anyone ever really worked with this company. I have been searching the web looking for reviews and have only found this site which refers to SMP. They want $15,300 from me for Illinois. Any comments? Thanks and my name is Martin

10. Gmann1957

Gmann1957 New Member

Our agency was approached two weeks ago by SMP. I asked for referrals, but they have not sent a single one yet. Has anyone here actually used them recently and if so, does the program work?