Nationwide Vs State Farm

ITsTIMe

Hello all and thanks in advance for any replys I may get.

I have been reading many of the threads on here lately and they are very informative. However, two main questions/points/directions I am looking for from any "veteran" agents or anyone who has knowledgable insight on these two different companys is appreciated. I have been in sales for 5yrs (since Ive got my BBA) and enjoy it very much...So much, I am making a completely different switch from my past outside/inside sales position and going to pursue Insurance for my career (notice I said career and not just a 'job'). I am leaving my ~40k job to do this but have hit a speed bump, I cant decide which company to pursue. I have talked with agents from both but honestly, even though I havent received alot of feedback from Nationwide, it seems to be a little better in terms of not being out alot of money up front, but is State Farm a more promising company regarding success rate? I have got my licenses and am ready to hit the ground running (as with all agents at first im sure!)

My question is, what are some pros/cons anyone might have with either company as a new agent? I am not planning on starting out independently but rather work under someone for a yr-two to get my feet wet and secure with the business. Secondly, what should I in all reality expect to make my first year? I am in the Central Arkansas area. I havent finalized the finance structure with either agency seeing that I am still up in the air about both :err:.

Thanks for reading & any advice/info is appreciated!

Latest posts

Back