Navigator Fraud Starts

We should all stand up and clap as CMS has spent time and effort to make sure agents don't do anything wrong they have to take a short cut on the nav side and just hire a company that defrauds the government.

And the most telling part of the story of the future of the navigator program:

According to a report in the Baltimore Sun, the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange’s executive director, Rebecca Pearce, the exchange’s board knew of Seedco’s fraudulent activity before approving the contract to hire the group.

This is just going to be a continuation of special interest groups and special favors as we have seen since Chicago politics left Chicago.

Is anyone really shocked? It's not like fraud isn't rampant in the insurance industry at all levels. Hell, fraud is rampant in everything in this country. You can't even trust a gas station to run your card anymore (had my info stolen 3 separate times from 3 separate gas stations.)

Don't think for a second agents or anyone in the private market wouldn't have done the same thing, or that they haven't done something similar in the past. You can't scroll through one page of insurance news without seeing someone getting convicted of something shady.

Again, if I were a Pre-Paid Legal/Legal Shield person, I would follow navigators around on a daily basis and pitch the need for my product right behind them, specifically touting the identity theft provision.

September 16, 2013

CARDON OUTREACH, Inc., received $800,000 in Navigator funds and was supposed to enroll people into ObamaCare health plans in 4 states. But because of increased scrutiny of Navigators by state officials, Cardon is returning the $800,000 and dropping out of the program.

Story: http://www.sungazette.com/page/content.detail/id/375500/Firm-returns-health-care-grant-amid-political-heat.html?isap=1&nav=5020

I guess C.O. didn't realize that this is different from their Medicaid enrollment business, where they can spend taxpayer dollars without much accountability. There are rules, guidelines and HHS's oversight to contend with when enrolling Americans into ObamaCare. Suprisingly(not!), they're blaming Republicans for their withdrawal from the Navigator program.
ac

Back