NE/PA Medicare Advantage "Gap" Plan

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
Can anyone enlighten me on the New Era/Philadelphia American Medicare Advantage Gap Plan? Is it being sold, how does it work, is it an urban legend?

Can anyone enlighten me on the New Era/Philadelphia American Medicare Advantage Gap Plan? Is it being sold, how does it work, is it an urban legend?

Let's do a play on words. Let me call this something else. Since a "Gap" plan is also know as a Medicare Supplement, I doubt very seriously there is a think called Medicare Advantage supplement Plan.

Of course, one other loose use of the word "Gap" could be referring to a HIP plan.

I'm just reaching to try and make sense of this so-called plan.

Let's do a play on words. Let me call this something else. Since a "Gap" plan is also know as a Medicare Supplement, I doubt very seriously there is a think called Medicare Advantage supplement Plan.

Of course, one other loose use of the word "Gap" could be referring to a HIP plan.

I'm just reaching to try and make sense of this so-called plan.

They do have a new Medicare Advantage Gap plan. I don't know anything about it other than you have to get set up through the Home Office. I'm sure you're right about it being some form of a HIP.

if one is certified to sell MA/PDP then I would not use the word Gap plan in connection with MA plan, Even if I didn't sell the MA plan

if one is certified to sell MA/PDP then I would not use the word Gap plan in connection with MA plan, Even if I didn't sell the MA plan

I agree.................I am sure someone has knowledge and will drop it on us shortly. Seems odd you have to call for info rather than have it readily available.

Last edited:
I filling out my New Era contract for TX and saw it mentioned in the commission and contract sections.

Whatever it is it pays 50% FYC and in order to get advanced you need to have a combined 10 med supp and MA GAP policies "Issued and Paid For"

It also says you MUST be MA GAP appointed.

Weird none of the recruiters on here know anything about this product. Their under 65 product division seems to be a big secret too.

Their under 65 product division seems to be a big secret too.

I might be wrong but I spoke with an agent a few months ago who mentioned a stellar U65 health product and I think the carrier he mentioned was New Era.

It only stood out to me because I don't hear much about U65 these days ... Lol

We sell it...nice gap product...tough underwriting

You only need to ask and they'll add it to your authority

Back