Need a Bit of help Here

I have a 69 yr old smoker at 5 foot 6 inches. He's only 110 pounds and getting fed with a feeding tube to help bring in weight up.

Despite that his ADL's are fine and he's living with his daughter that is a CNA. Would that qualify as "home care?"

He also had Cancer 2 years ago with no other occurrences.

We are dealing with a only a $100 budget and I know LBL would take him (and this is the most pricey of the options as well).

I'm not sure about Settler's (home care?) and I think he's graded for everyone else.

Idea's?

I wouldn't count the daughter as home care unless she's specifically been assigned to him.

Depends on how the app reads. Done say "need assistance from anyone with ADL" some"more than 2 adl" some are,"you able to perform all your ADL"
If being fed with feeding tube that will knock out some companies.

I do agree with the right company you could get this issued no problem. I always ask if there is a medical record saying he requires home health care or assist with adl

I have a 69 yr old smoker at 5 foot 6 inches. He's only 110 pounds and getting fed with a feeding tube to help bring in weight up.

Despite that his ADL's are fine and he's living with his daughter that is a CNA. Would that qualify as "home care?"

He also had Cancer 2 years ago with no other occurrences.

We are dealing with a only a $100 budget and I know LBL would take him (and this is the most pricey of the options as well).

I'm not sure about Settler's (home care?) and I think he's graded for everyone else.

Idea's?

It would be "Home Health Care" only if it has been prescribed by a Dr.. The real question is why is weight so low and why the feeding tube? (which might construed as "assistance with feeding"... I had to have one when I had throat cancer because I could not eat and continued to lose weight..

It would be "Home Health Care" only if it has been prescribed by a Dr.. The real question is why is weight so low and why the feeding tube? (which might construed as "assistance with feeding"... I had to have one when I had throat cancer because I could not eat and continued to lose weight..

You hit the nail on the head for me. The Cancer (2 years ago) was supposedly something in the neck (I didn't ask) but with the tube and the weight issue I'm thinking tracheal?

Not that it matters for this purpose. The daughter told me he has always been that skinny.

I'll make my pitch and see what happens.

Why not Aetna? No questions about ADLs and no height and weight table. They ask, but it is not a factor in underwriting.

Back