Need a Good Hospital Plan

foxmarble

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Arizona
Hi Guys,

Im here in Arizona and need to get contracted with a good Hospital Indemnity plan to supplement the MAPD clients. I used to be with Equitable back in the day when I worked for someone else but don't have that contract any longer. My FMO only carries GTL which I'm not real excited about. Does anyone have any good experience or advice on who I should look at?

Thanks,

Hi Guys,

Im here in Arizona and need to get contracted with a good Hospital Indemnity plan to supplement the MAPD clients. I used to be with Equitable back in the day when I worked for someone else but don't have that contract any longer. My FMO only carries GTL which I'm not real excited about. Does anyone have any good experience or advice on who I should look at?

Thanks,

Contact Equitable direct. They still have a decent product.

I actually did contact them today but was offered a 55% contract? Seems low....what do you think?

I actually did contact them today but was offered a 55% contract? Seems low....what do you think?

Deleted post since I don't know what I am talking about.

Last edited:
55% is what Equitable pays because as a New York based company that is what they are limited to by New York state law. They can usually wind up compensating more with expense monies or production bonuses. You might have conversations about what they can do if you produce.

We are speaking of Equitable Life and Casualty out of UTAH. 55% is what they pay on HI. They pay 100+ on life.

We are speaking of Equitable Life and Casualty out of UTAH. 55% is what they pay on HI. They pay 100+ on life.

My mistake. There are too many companies named Equitable.

What's are the with advantages with Equitable vs. GTL?

I write both. I prefer GTL over Equitable because I can limit what goes into the policy. I generally put in the daily hospital benefit and an ambulance rider. Keeps the premium down. Equitable has set benfits: doctor visit, first cancer occurance, hospital benefit, durable medical, ambulance. It makes the overall premium higher. Sometimes, it's easier to sell. Equitable also pays a lot better (at least, for me). Comes down to preference.

Back