Need a little help here.....

loudee

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a client who is brain washed with BX/BS. Problem is I have no idea how to obtain PA rates for comparison to other carriers and plans. She's 29, 5'2", 190#, non smoker and in good health. She's looking for a PPO plan with a low deductible(no HMO) and low copay. Can anyone let me know what kind of rates I'm looking at? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Lou

I have a client who is brain washed with BX/BS. Problem is I have no idea how to obtain PA rates for comparison to other carriers and plans. She's 29, 5'2", 190#, non smoker and in good health. She's looking for a PPO plan with a low deductible(no HMO) and low copay. Can anyone let me know what kind of rates I'm looking at? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Lou

Sounds like a fatty. I take it you meant 109# since you say she's in good health.

Now, I'm not in PA (thank Dog!), but I retrieve rates the following ways:

Humana; Golden Rule; Assurant, Anthem/bc; Aetna: Online quoting systems - each and every one of them. I don't do enough health to shell out for Nortit.

In addition to online, several of these carriers have either software or published rate bands I can refer to.

For some reason I get regular calls from my sales rep at Humana and Golden Rule asking me what it will take for me to place more business with them. Somehow they got the idea that I write a couple hundred health cases a year. Not true, but I get great customer service.
:idea:

Whom are you contracted with?

edit: I just saw your last post. You should get contracted with bc/bs.

5' 2" + 190# is a BMI of 34.

35 is considered obese.

40+ is morbidly obese.

Nothing healthy about this woman.

I can get a policy for someone with a BMI of 35 if they are otherwise healthy. 35 is Aetna's maximum in Connecticut. An otherwise healthy client will get a rate-up but should get approved.

I only sell in Connecticut so I don't know what the limits are in other states.

Back