Need Advice About Auto Agency Website Quoting Issue

BlockO

Guru
1000 Post Club
Here's my problem: I carry 2 auto companies, both of which target the same market (high risk drivers). One company is set up for me to give instant quotes right off of my website, the other one isn't.
Both companies complement each other well, as I sell about 80-90% of my quotes. But the company that is NOT set up for online website quoting usually wins the premium battle 75% of the time. What should I do?
Before I discovered this site (which would have been very helpful at the time), I tried to do both. I put a link for an instant quote for the company that offered the online quotes.
And for the company that didn't offer online quotes, I uploaded one page quote sheets, for customers to fill out, save, and email to me.

I'm now having second thoughts. It doesn't make sense to give an online quote that only scores 1 out of 4. Because when the other 3 see the quote that they don't like, they bolt! You could shout at them that your other company will greatly beat that premium, but they're usually gone by then.

Should I remove the online quoting function from the less competitive company and go with "old school quoting"?

and if so, what would be the best format for a quote sheet? (e.g. Word, Excel, PDF w/ textbox, etc.)

I like your site and the way you have it set up is nice. but a chart like that wouldn't work with auto quotes because there are so many more variables that a chart like that would be impossible.

Back