Need Advice After Amerilife Agent Door Knocked and Re Enrolled My Client Same Day

yogooglethis

Guru
1000 Post Club
I enrolled a client with partial Medicaid inthe AARP MedicareComplete PPO today this morning and sent electronic application when I was at clients home.I also had a paper application signed as a back up.

When I get home tonight and check my agent portal I see that my application was denied.I call UHC sales support and the only thing they will tell me is that it was denied due to another application coming in today for a different UHC plan.They won't tell you what plan.

I call client tonight and he said the lady agent that dropped by his home announced said that we all work together selling UnitedHealthcare plans and she somehow she talked him in to signing another application.This man has a speech impediment and is very hard to understand on phone but what from I gathered from my phone conversation is that she left him an enrollment kit for the same plan I enrolled him in .When I asked him to tell me what her business card said it was AmeriLife . I could tell he was upset because she told him she was a direct agent with UHC

I told him there is no reason to get any other UHC plan other than the one I enrolled him in and I have an appointment to see him tomorrow to see what up.He also gave me permission to submit the paper application because he wanted me to be his agent.( please don't ask why he would sign another application)

I thought that if 2 applications for the same plan are submitted to a carrier in the same day the first one in prevails?Is this not correct anymore?

If the last application submitted prevails than if I submit the paper application I have it will be the last application received in the same day for the same plan. Does it make a difference if I fax it in tonight or fax it in tomorrow after I see him again? Any thoughts?

This sucks that I have to go through all this BS because of unethical agents who don't fear losing their license over a 200.00 commission.

if they are anything like the amerilife agents around here it doesnt' surprise me. they are at the bottom of the food chain.

Do you mean unannounced?? I assume you do but ya never know.

If an agent door knocked him "unannounced" and then signed him up that day for Medicare and it wasn't a supplement then that's not good. I would see to it that complaints are filed.

Yes that's what what I intended to say.Definitely an MA cold call.This has been rampant here in North Fl with these agents cold calling and door knocking the list of Universal MA refugees.

There was about 3000 Universal members in my county alone and AmeriLife agents had enrolled many of them over the last 6 years but the one's calling now are mostly not the AOR.I now have been with a client when an Amerilife agent cold calls them twice now -I saw the caller ID!.

Some of these people have been called 10 times since 3/28/13 when the Universal liquidation was announced.

Today was the last straw for me.I hope something is done about this systematic breaking of the rules because not only does it hurt ethical agents that play by the rules but most seniors don't realize their rights are being violated .

Don't get me wrong I wish we could still cold call I made alot of money in those days but MIPPA was put in place to protect seniors from being harassed and especially designed to keep unethical agents from making contact with them.

Yes that's what what I intended to say.Definitely an MA cold call.This has been rampant here in North Fl with these agents cold calling and door knocking the list of Universal MA refugees.

There was about 3000 Universal members in my county alone and AmeriLife agents had enrolled many of them over the last 6 years but the one's calling now are mostly not the AOR.I now have been with a client when an Amerilife agent cold calls them twice now -I saw the caller ID!.

Some of these people have been called 10 times since 3/28/13 when the Universal liquidation was announced.

Today was the last straw for me.I hope something is done about this systematic breaking of the rules because not only does it hurt ethical agents that play by the rules but most seniors don't realize their rights are being violated .

Don't get me wrong I wish we could still cold call I made alot of money in those days but MIPPA was put in place to protect seniors from being harassed and especially designed to keep unethical agents from making contact with them.

Sorry to interrupt I am agent in Thailand and I am curious about the word "Cold Call" in your country. Because in Thailand most of agents usually we call to make appointment that's all. Thank you ....Sirin

The other agent could not have enrolled your client in the same plan, they probably did a flip to another plan.

The only way to stop this crap is to file a complaint with CMS.

Against the Agent, Amerilife, and UHC. If UHC receives multiple complaints against them at CMS they will shut this Amerilife BS down.

The problem is most of us agents are to lazy to assist the consumer in filing a complaint.

The problem is not the agent being to lazy Millwood, its the customer who "doesn't want to get anyone in trouble". The could care less who the agent is as long as they have coverage.

If you want to get paid, and if the client wants you as the agent of record, then the client should call to withdraw the application submitted already. Wait a couple of days for that to clear out and submit an app with a fresh date. If they dont call and cancel the old app first, re-submitting wont too any good.

With uhc the first app in prevails if its for the same plan, but if they are enrolled into a different plan then the last one in wins.

Tom

Back