Need Advice from Sucessful Veteran Agents!

kepshaw

First post, any advice welcomed.

I've been with HealthMarkets for going on a year and a half. As you all know, the whole game has changed. With all the cuts in commissions from the main companies (humana and GR) I'm at a loss as to what (if any) my game plan should be.
No one in my company is any help at all.

So.. I'm thinking about cutting ties with HM and going indy and just selling Critical illness, Cancer, Accident and life. This would be part time since I'm having to get a full time job with a steady check just to dig myself out of the hole from the past year. Good idea? or would there be a better plan?

Kinda feeling like everything has come unraveled. I want this career to work and I realize changes are inevitable (thus the reason for cutting health out of my portfolio)

So.. I'm thinking about cutting ties with HM and going indy and just selling Critical illness, Cancer, Accident and life. This would be part time since I'm having to get a full time job with a steady check just to dig myself out of the hole from the past year. Good idea? or would there be a better plan?

Kinda feeling like everything has come unraveled. I want this career to work and I realize changes are inevitable (thus the reason for cutting health out of my portfolio)

I would say this is definitely a good start. You should also look at Final Expense and Med Sups as added products to your portfolio.

Best of luck.

I've been with HealthMarkets for going on a year and a half. As you all know, the whole game has changed. With all the cuts in commissions from the main companies (humana and GR) I'm at a loss as to what (if any) my game plan should be.

Seems like a lot of those who remained in individual health until the very end, are switching to the senior market. FE or Med Supp. Med supp has a lower barrier to entry because you can self generate leads over the phone.

You can do telesales for supps during the day, and deliver pizzas at night.

High risk high reward. If you're going to do it, do it right. Why not go full time to dig yourself out of this whole? Are you not confident in your selling abilities?

High risk high reward. If you're going to do it, do it right. Why not go full time to dig yourself out of this whole? Are you not confident in your selling abilities?
It all depends on his lead flow. If he doesn't have money for leads, no matter how good of a salesperson he is, 90 percent of his time will be spent prospecting, instead of selling.

It all depends on his lead flow. If he doesn't have money for leads, no matter how good of a salesperson he is, 90 percent of his time will be spent prospecting, instead of selling.

You'd honestly say it's better for him to deliver pizza in the evenings than it would be to cold call appts?

You'd honestly say it's better for him to deliver pizza in the evenings than it would be to cold call appts?
For the senior med supp market, which I was recommending, yes. FE too, but I don't know anyone who successfully cold calls for FE appointments.

For the under 65 market, evenings are best for cold calling.

For the senior med supp market, which I was recommending, yes. FE too, but I don't know anyone who successfully cold calls for FE appointments.

For the under 65 market, evenings are best for cold calling.

Cold calling absolutely works, if you're willing to dial 200 numbers a day and work an 8 hour day. People say it doesn't work cause they try it for an hour then throw in the towel and that's the same as door knocking. You only get out of it what you put into it. But to say you're better off delivering pizza is crazy. Have you ever dialed or door knocked for a full day? If so then clearly you didn't know what you were doing and if you didn't then you aren't qualified to make such a comment.

I delivered pizzas when I was saving up for leads. That was 4 years ago to the month. I was cold calling off a Dialer for FE leads myself. I delivered pizzas in the evening and called during the day for the first week.

I developed about 25 leads and DKd them the next week. Wrote over $3k in AP my first week in the field. I gave my 2 weeks notice after that haha.

I've been buying leads ever since. Started out buying TM leads at $20 a pop. Nowadays with Avatar leads being so inexpensive, it would be easier to break into the industry.

I started by working nights and weekends on a JOB. there is nothing wrong with that and has nothing to do with sales ability.Also if one is distracted by need it will effect sales.in addition it takes time to build a medicare incolme.

Back