Need Advice from Sucessful Veteran Agents!

But to say you're better off delivering pizza is crazy. Have you ever dialed or door knocked for a full day? If so then clearly you didn't know what you were doing and if you didn't then you aren't qualified to make such a comment.

I never said you're better off delivering pizza. The OP is broke and probably in debt. Lot's of med supp agents worked a second j.o.b. until they built a decent renewal book.

Yes I've cold called full time and your numbers are way off. 200 dials? You could be averaging at least 1200 dials a day on a multi-line dialer.

I totally agree that if you have the right mentality, and have a tenacious work ethic, you could work full time and shoot for an app a day as a minimum standard.

Last edited:
I never said you're better off delivering pizza. The OP is broke and probably in debt. Lot's of med supp agents worked a second j.o.b. until they built a decent renewal book.

Yes I've cold called full time and your numbers are way off. 200 dials? You could be averaging at least 1200 dials a day on a multi-line dialer.

I totally agree that if you have the right mentality, and have a tenacious work ethic, you could work full time and shoot for an app a day as a minimum standard.

Dude? 1200 dials a day? Either you dialed for literally 24 hours, your dialer has surpassed a 3% abandon rate, using bad data, or you didn't know how to have a conversation with someone. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say it was the system you are using.

When I first got in the business I door knocked, cold called, and spoke with folks at my church. I closed 3 final expense deals my first week and netted over a thousand dollars. I immediatley used that money for mailers (that's what I was recommended to buy) and I bought voice broadcasted leads. They were 400 for 20 of them. I closed 2 sales (Which is a terrible roi) but I slowly started making money. I felt as if I would of had a economic job (or a safety net) it would of been a distractiom. That's just my take...as Mark Cuban once said, there is no such thing as a part time eunterprenuer.

I'm pretty sure the TM lead companies are dialing more than 1200 numbers per seat in a day. And I've bought some where many of the leads were on the DNC, so I'm sure some of these outfits could care less about abandonment rates.

I agree that there's nothing better for your career than to burn bridges and go out there and go full on with a sink or swim attitude!

But the general consensus on the FE forum is you need to save up $3,000 or so dollars to invest in leads before you launch your career.

Since the art and science of prospecting is rarely taught anymore, not many new agents have the mental toughness to do what you did in the beginning.

Keep prospecting and meet as many people as possible..I personally never dug the cold calling thing. Try to attend as many industry trending events. Don't give up either, Rome wasn't built in a day!

Back