Need advice on appointment setting

thespur1

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hello fellow agents,

Need some advice on appointment setting.

My goal is to have 8-12 appointments per day Monday - Friday, Leads are not a problem.
I usually spend one to two hours to book my appointments for the next day.
I only book for the very next day.
Sometimes I am done with one pass thru in the morning and sometimes I will call in the evening.
Here is my problem, In order to increase my appointments and run 8-12 per day, I need a setter.
I am finding it extremely difficult for to find someone to replicate this.

Attempt 1 - I have tried hiring people from craigslist and indeed to do it from home and failed terribly. The people cannot focus, don't call etc...

Attempt 2 - I used a room in my friends office and hired people to work inside the office for a 4 hour shift from 4pm- 8pm. That did not work out either. If I was not there watching over them they would not dial. It did not matter if I was using software to track the calls. I ended up firing them all. Blew thru about 8 people.

Attempt 3 - I have tried 3 different appointment setting companies, they all sucked !
In my opinion this was the worst option. Appointments were being set 5 days out, no show ratio thru the roof. but the worst part about all these companies is, I noticed they would only call your leads 30-45 minutes per day and get you 3-5 appointments, it did not matter how many leads you had, how many appointments you wanted. it seems like they did not have enough callers to fulfill the agent's orders.

and so I am of out of ideas, I would like to scale my business and run appointments like crazy but something so easy and simple as appointment setting, I never knew would be so difficult to try and find someone to replicate.

For now I will keep setting them every other day on my own.

Thank you in advance :biggrin:

Hello fellow agents,

My goal is to have 8-12 appointments per day Monday - Friday, Leads are not a problem.
Sometimes I am done with one pass thru in the morning and sometimes I will call in the evening.
Here is my problem, In order to increase my appointments and run 8-12 per day, I need a setter.

Attempt 1 - I have tried hiring people from craigslist and indeed to do it from home and failed terribly. The people cannot focus, don't call etc...

Attempt 2 - I used a room in my friends office and hired people to work inside the office for a 4 hour shift from 4pm- 8pm. That did not work out either. If I was not there watching over them they would not dial. It did not matter if I was using software to track the calls. I ended up firing them all. Blew thru about 8 people.

Attempt 3 - I have tried 3 different appointment setting companies, they all sucked !
In my opinion this was the worst option. Appointments were being set 5 days out, no show ratio thru the roof. but the worst part about all these companies is, I noticed they would only call your leads 30-45 minutes per day and get you 3-5 appointments, it did not matter how many leads you had, how many appointments you wanted. it seems like they did not have enough callers to fulfill the agent's orders.

and so I am of out of ideas, I would like to scale my business and run appointments like crazy but something so easy and simple as appointment setting, I never knew would be so difficult to try and find someone to replicate.

As they say, if it was easy EVERYONE would do it. I’ve ALWAYS said that finding a good appointment setter is MUCH harder than finding a good agent. So when you find one you have to take care of them. As Chase Jordan said if you have a spouse sometimes they can be the best person to make calls because they have a vested interest in how you perform and how they perform. Making calls day in and day out hour after hour is not for everybody. It’s not the most exciting or glamorous of jobs. Then add that you have agents who will skip appointments or call and tell the setter they’re not feeling well & the Appt Setter has a full day of appointments they already scheduled for them for the next day and it doesn’t take long for the appointment setter to go find another line of work.

Dude - you are a beast. Call one day - run the next. You don't need to shake the rattle - just go, go, go . . .

Hello fellow agents,

Dude - you are a beast. Call one day - run the next. You don't need to shake the rattle - just go, go, go . . .

12 appointments a day for 5 days. You are willing to buy 120+ DM leads per week? If that is the case, you could easily find someone that would be happy to call for you. They would be making $600-$1000 per week depending on what you paid them.

Most agents buy 20-25 leads and try to hire their own personal appointment setter. This is usually not going to work since they will be making $100-$200 per week. If you are buying a smaller amount of leads like this, you will need to get someone personal like Chase and Spur mentioned above OR realize that you will be using a setter that is calling for you and a couple more agents.

My nephew is 17 and lives with me. He was looking for a job, so I trained him on setting appointments. He gets out of school at 1:00 and calls from 1:30 - 8:00 pretty much. Most invoices he sends are for $80, $105 etc. Very rare that you find ONE agent willing to buy enough leads for a setter to make a good living.

I think the vesting idea is good. What about giving the person some sort of profit sharing or commissions based on appointments or sales made or both?

Either way, a dialing for dollars system rarely works without supervision.

I don't think you need advice. You pretty much learned everything you need to know already. You just described the experiences of probably hundreds of other agents across the nation. I'd probably just keep looking for a really good one...and keep that person happy. Good luck.

Thank You all for your advice.

I am 29 and don't have any kids and no spouse.
Hence why I can run like hell lol, I think i will have to stay small for now and continue to set my own appts.
I really do like running appts instead of calling and doing pending biz.
I use a really generic script to set the appts, no mention of any insurance at all.
I find that you can run 8-12 appts per day pretty easy if set in a close distance.on the hour with an hour window.

i think there is an agent in florida running 15 appts per day, I think doug

A couple years ago I had a setter that was setting like 35 appointments per week...only about 20-25 showed per week...but I was WAYYYYYYY happy with that!!!! The bad part is that she was really old...kept forgetting lots of important stuff. Then her appointment numbers started really dropping off...BAD. Must have burned out. It's not easy work. If you're going to have a setter, you almost need to plan on "burning" a lot of your leads so you need to plan on buying several extra leads because the setter will never be as effective as you would be with your own leads. Or do it yourself. You can buy fewer leads that way, and you'll set better appointments than any setter could.

Back