Need Advise for my Employer Insurance

muneeb

I am moving to New jersey from California and my employer is providing me the health insurance but the plan does not look attractive to me .

We are married 32 and 31 years old with one 2.5 years old boy with no major health issues . We only visit the doctor may be couple of times in an year but planning a baby this year .Therefore I need advise from experts if I choose employer insurance or get insurance from market place .

I am moving to New jersey from California and my employer is providing me the health insurance but the plan does not look attractive to me .

We are married 32 and 31 years old with one 2.5 years old boy with no major health issues . We only visit the doctor may be couple of times in an year but planning a baby this year .Therefore I need advise from experts if I choose employer insurance or get insurance from market place .

hi and welcome to California! what part of California will be moving to?

so here it goes without knowing your group benefit schedule. when you say the plan is not attractive to you i don't know if you're referring to benefits or premium. your cost to the employer plan you have is at minimum 50% cost shared on just your portion, not the dependents. in some cases the employer is paying more or even 100% of the plan premium for you.

be advised of the "family glitch" which states if you're receiving benefits from an employer you cannot apply for a marketplace plan and receive subsidies

out-of-pocket costs nearly the same on individual plans and group plans ranging from 4k-6.5k you would take on that plus premiums? therefore in my professional opinion it would not be cost effective

You most likely will not qualify for subsidies on the exchange if you are offered group coverage.

That means your obamacare exchange premiums will be in the $700-$1000 per month range.

With that premium range in mind.... how attractive does that group plan through work look now??

Just saw this so may be too late, but I can try to help you. I'm a NJ broker and do alot woth the individual health policies. You will likely be buying direct to carrier and can enroll for 1st or 15th of the month. What zip code are you in? How much are you pay for coverage now?

The Horizon BCBS Omnia products are hot right now. If you need help, you can reach me at [email protected]

Back