Need Advise on what Company to Go with

Primerica will have you trying to sell term life insurance to everyone even if they want whole-life. And the worst part is they have one of the worst priced term life products on the market. Anyone who price shops you will be a tough one for you to sell.

Worst priced for the agent

Primerica has the best priced express issue term on the market. There is no competition. Zero. Plus you get a free terminal illness rider is free and policy bundling. :cool:

Worst priced for the agent Primerica has the best priced express issue term on the market. There is no competition. Zero. Plus you get a free terminal illness rider is free and policy bundling. :cool:

I'll leave that to the guys who focus on term to debate. Maybe they have a product that I'm not familiar with. But every Primerica policy I've ever run across in the field has been easy to replace due to price. It's not even close. But 3/4 of them didn't even want term. They wanted the policy until they died. They had been pitched a bill of goods from an agent with commission breath who only had one choice.

Primerica has the best priced express issue term on the market. There is no competition. Zero. Plus you get a free terminal illness rider is free and policy bundling. :cool:

Can you give us a list of companies that charge for accelerated death benefit rider. By bundling do you mean spouse and child riders?

Their increasing rider is the biggest joke.

----------

I'll leave that to the guys who focus on term to debate. Maybe they have a product that I'm not familiar with. But every Primerica policy I've ever run across in the field has been easy to replace due to price. It's not even close. But 3/4 of them didn't even want term. They wanted the policy until they died. They had been pitched a bill of goods from an agent with commission breath who only had one choice.

Some of the least educated "agents" in the industry. Narrow focused on Term, then only one type of term, then from only one company. Yet they pretend to review plans like UL and Whole Life.

Yeah but other carriers have Chronic & Critical as well as Terminal, depending on where you live. Also free of charge.

Other companies are more competitive as well.

The only bundling I can think of would be something similar to AIG's Perm/Term combo. There's probably other companies out there that does it too but I'm probably just not aware of 'em.

Can you give us a list of companies that charge for accelerated death benefit rider. By bundling do you mean spouse and child riders?

Their increasing rider is the biggest joke.

----------

Some of the least educated "agents" in the industry. Narrow focused on Term, then only one type of term, then from only one company. Yet they pretend to review plans like UL and Whole Life.

It's not really a rider because the spouse can get equal coverage. The way I've seen other companies do it, it's not equal coverage. I had told my friend about certain contingencies that come up, she was supposed to ask about it and get back. Another smart move though if the contingencies are still in place, cover every spouse in a rider, and when they divorce you pocket the extra money from the dead policy.

TransAmerica is one. They have their trendsetter super which is rider free, and their Trendsetter LB which is significantly more and does include those things.

Lol, the increasing rider IS funny, it's smart though, people comfortable with paying $40/mo this year might not have a problem with paying $43/mo next year.

----------

Yeah but other carriers have Chronic & Critical as well as Terminal, depending on where you live. Also free of charge.

Other companies are more competitive as well.

The only bundling I can think of would be something similar to AIG's Perm/Term combo. There's probably other companies out there that does it too but I'm probably just not aware of 'em.

No they bundle spouse and children, no extra policy fees. They have a side account for cash value if you want it, it's really just a lapse protection thing You do earn interest based on the 7 day benchmark.

But more competitive? They may market more competitively. The product is not more competitive.

Find me a 30 year $250K express issue term product that will cover a 35 year old male for $621/year

It's not really a rider because the spouse can get equal coverage. The way I've seen other companies do it, it's not equal coverage. I had told my friend about certain contingencies that come up, she was supposed to ask about it and get back. Another smart move though if the contingencies are still in place, cover every spouse in a rider, and when they divorce you pocket the extra money from the dead policy.

TransAmerica is one. They have their trendsetter super which is rider free, and their Trendsetter LB which is significantly more and does include those things.

Lol, the increasing rider IS funny, it's smart though, people comfortable with paying $40/mo this year might not have a problem with paying $43/mo next year.

----------

No they bundle spouse and children, no extra policy fees. They have a side account for cash value if you want it, it's really just a lapse protection thing You do earn interest based on the 7 day benchmark.

But more competitive? They may market more competitively. The product is not more competitive.

Find me a 30 year $250K express issue term product that will cover a 35 year old male for $621/year

I did not look up express issue plans. But how about this:

$250,000.00 for 30 years

Male age 30 @ $14mo
Female age 25 @ 12mo
annual about $295. Maybe invest the difference. or save toward a home.
Premium does not go up in year 31.

Or $500,00.00 on each @ about $638A premium does not go up in year 31.

Both with individual policies, for "contingencies".

Or maybe a term plan with guaranteed money back.

And a real Independent Life Insurance agent.

----------

----------

Explain the reasoning behind that rider please.

$250,000.00 for 30 years

Male age 30 @ $14mo
Female age 25 @ 12mo

----------

Explain the reasoning behind that rider please.

Inflation protection.

----------

I know people bash Primerica and I myself may have a few issues with their business model but they have their market and a strong recruiter/trainer can make some very great income there.

As for product pricing and features they are like most everyone else. They aren't the cheapest or the most expensive. I'm not promoting them but for the right person they are the right vehicle.

Go to Grant Cardone TV | Whatever it Takes register for free and do a search on the Hector La Marque interview. He is heavy into sales training especially Tom Hopkins and he gets real about the business and building side. He is listed in the Power Players section on Grants site.

Last edited:
Inflation protection.

----------..................... .

So a 30 year old needs more and more insurance every year for 30 years. Then on the day after year 30 they need zero$?

I can many times get them the ultimate face amount day one for about the same premium.

I am not knocking them. I have a couple buddies that are regionals. They do well.

Depends on how we're classifying John Doe. Standard? or best of what "XYZ" carrier is offering?

Sure it may not be express issued but nearly $200 less annually and with a term product, more or less a 48-72 hours turnaround time -those that offer express UW, I dont think it's that bad.

$250,000.00 for 30 years

Male age 30 @ $14mo
Female age 25 @ 12mo

Although Wino does have me beat out with the above bolded.

Back