Need Advise on what Company to Go with

Primerica will have you trying to sell term life insurance to everyone even if they want whole-life. And the worst part is they have one of the worst priced term life products on the market. Anyone who price shops you will be a tough one for you to sell.

AIL- Better mix of products and some training depending on what area you are in but still not competitive on prices and a very weak product mix compared to their competitors. They generate leads based on you are to contact union members with appointments set by you are going to give them some free insurance. Then in the home you are to pull the ol' bait and switch and try to up sell them. Works for some people but a tough gig for most.

Senior Life- Do you want to sell one of the least attractive (high premiums) final expense products and earn some of the lowest commissions in the industry? You found them! They try to pitch a gimmicky casket pitch to their life insurance sales to get people to forget price. In my humble opinion you are better off selling a better priced company to start with.

Don't look for good companies on Craig's Life. They aren't there. Read the forum. Get a feel for how things work. Take it a little slow. Then you will be fine.

In other words none of the above!!

With Primerica, I heard they had there own perm. products? True or false? Granted this was a while ago and I never really looked into it.

No. Like I said I dont remember all the products but generally they convert to DT100 , ART, graded, or reduced face term.

There are alot of different formulations and most agents wont know them all. An RVP might, but they probably wouldn't be interested in talking to you about them because that's not the model.

They may even have T-100, but it's most likely graded.

How do you know it is a good product?

Because now that I'm independent and I have seen so many different term products I know its a good product.

For non-medical SI term, it's really good. Their implementation of e-apps blows these other carriers out of the water. The product is competitively priced, the guarantees are good.

The app itself was a bit longer than I thought it would be though.

Because now that I'm independent and I have seen so many different term products I know its a good product.

For non-medical SI term, it's really good. Their implementation of e-apps blows these other carriers out of the water. The product is competitively priced, the guarantees are good.

The app itself was a bit longer than I thought it would be though.

Sounds like you got this. Are you recruiting?

Last edited:
My advise to you after 3 months of searching for the right opportunity: find an agency that is doing mortgage protection. I was on my own cold calling and spinning my wheels. In a month of cold calling 8 hours a day I got 1 sale. I'm probably just a horrible phone salesman!

Found an Indy agency that has mortgage protection leads. My first week I sold $7,400 in AP. Second week $7000 in AP.

You can be the best salesman in the world but if you have to beat your head against the wall just to find an interested prospect, you'll fail at this business. Let the leads find the interested ones.

Lol, I had to re-read this because I thought you were saying it in response to this:

I dont believe in the Theory of Decreasing Responsibility, but I would use it if the customer believed in it. At the end of the day, everyone needs to feel confident that they made the right decision for themselves.

But no, the only thing I can say is, they are focused strictly on selling term insurance. They get you out of class, they want to build your confidence and get you successful so teach you about one product they sell. The company probably has anywhere from 6-12 term products.

It was ALOT to look at a term contract coming out of insurance class. I went through the one for the main product. We also did training twice a week, it could be due to our trainer, or it could be the whole company, but he felt like digging through the contract was "making it too complicated".

So that's why most people didnt. They trust their trainer and they trust their team. They want to be successful like the trainer.

I was more focused on learning how I could build my business and how I would be compensated and move up in the company while I was there. So I didnt spend much time on the products. No point in learning about a product that isnt worth your time to sell. It's a good product, I just didnt like the terms I had to agree to in order to sell it.

Primerica isnt about being a life insurance agent, it's about "owning" a life insurance agency.

The reason all Primerica base shops have twice weekly meetings (spaced evenly apart) has nothing to do with training. It is merely their way of ensuring that introspective thinking/negative thoughts don't have a chance to get a foothold from being alone with your thoughts too long. Most major MLM's use the exact same tactic. Hearing other's "success" stories or watching commission checks being disbursed keeps most reps hanging in longer.

Last edited:
People are harping on products. Primerica products are competitive but the genius of the company is their system. Sure many people may go through the company but by recruiting they mostly stay in the new recruits warm market which is basically middle to lower middle income.

As for the meat of the system they bring in a new person, get them licensed, then get them in the field trained within the RVP office. Sure the starting commission's might be a bit low when compared to the industry but if a person understood the power of recruiting they could move up and start getting overrides. The meat is in their system and people may not like it but some agents there do make some very decent incomes.

I'm not pumping up Primerica by any means but I finally understand their business mindset. I think if they went independent many agents who left would go back. They have the system in place to support new green agents and the RVP's run their own offices so the new person doesn't have major office expenses to worry about. Art Williams was/is a genius for the system he put in place. Then add personal development?

Well anyway here is Arts warm market system for those who have never seen it or know who he is. Genius...

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=JfCqalV2HjQ

People are harping on products. Primerica products are competitive but the genius of the company is their system. Sure many people may go through the company but by recruiting they mostly stay in the new recruits warm market which is basically middle to lower middle income.

As for the meat of the system they bring in a new person, get them licensed, then get them in the field trained within the RVP office. Sure the starting commission's might be a bit low when compared to the industry but if a person understood the power of recruiting they could move up and start getting overrides. The meat is in their system and people may not like it but some agents there do make some very decent incomes.

I'm not pumping up Primerica by any means but I finally understand their business mindset. I think if they went independent many agents who left would go back. They have the system in place to support new green agents and the RVP's run their own offices so the new person doesn't have major office expenses to worry about. Art Williams was/is a genius for the system he put in place. Then add personal development?

Well anyway here is Arts warm market system for those who have never seen it or know who he is. Genius...

Over the last 5 years, the recruiting average per rep has been about 2.25 annually. The true nature of their system is to recruit. Thats confirmed in most of their training manuals. Then a new batch of recruits is brought in and the cycle repeats itself. The rep to recruit ratio is almost identical to the recruit to policies sold ratio, year after year.

Last edited:
Back