Need Advise on what Company to Go with

People are harping on products. Primerica products are competitive but the genius of the company is their system. Sure many people may go through the company but by recruiting they mostly stay in the new recruits warm market which is basically middle to lower middle income.

As for the meat of the system they bring in a new person, get them licensed, then get them in the field trained within the RVP office. Sure the starting commission's might be a bit low when compared to the industry but if a person understood the power of recruiting they could move up and start getting overrides. The meat is in their system and people may not like it but some agents there do make some very decent incomes.

I'm not pumping up Primerica by any means but I finally understand their business mindset. I think if they went independent many agents who left would go back. They have the system in place to support new green agents and the RVP's run their own offices so the new person doesn't have major office expenses to worry about. Art Williams was/is a genius for the system he put in place. Then add personal development?

Well anyway here is Arts warm market system for those who have never seen it or know who he is. Genius...

Over the last 5 years, the recruiting average per rep has been about 2.25 annually, and 80% of those quit before licensing. The true nature of their system is to recruit, then sell the recruit a policy. Thats confirmed in most of their training manuals. Then a new batch of recruits is brought in and the cycle repeats itself. The rep to recruit ratio is almost identical to the recruit to policies sold ratio, year after year.

Actually it goes a bit deeper. They also require the recruit to set up appointments with their warm market. Oh, and they get zip from the sales.

Actually it goes a bit deeper. They also require the recruit to set up appointments with their warm market. Oh, and they get zip from the sales.

Yes, your trainer will sell to your warm market, while you're still unlicensed, as part of your training. And they keep your commissions. And if you stick around long enough, you get to do the same with your recruits. However most don't stick around long enough.

Sounds like you got this. Are you recruiting?

Maybe for my own agency one day. With everyone saying you should have at least a few hundred thousand to deal with chargebacks, that will be a while.

----------

They get a bonus and the ability to start at 50% when they do get licensed plus the ability to go with other unlicensed people and take their commissions. Which is great motivation for people who just started something new and dont think they will make any money at it.

Maybe for my own agency one day. With everyone saying you should have at least a few hundred thousand to deal with chargebacks, that will be a while.

----------

They get a bonus and the ability to start at 50% when they do get licensed plus the ability to go with other unlicensed people and take their commissions. Which is great motivation for people who just started something new and dont think they will make any money at it.

I can't see why anyone would want to do that. They have to not know anything about the business and have to listen to all the hype and drink the koolaide.

----------

I can't see why anyone would want to do that. They have to not know anything about the business and have to listen to all the hype and drink the koolaide.

It's a great business for people who already have a business. If you are a doctor, hairstylist/barber, taxi driver, restaurant owner, self-help coach, owner of a non-profit...

If you are any of those things, it's great. You spend zero on marketing(you're not allowed to buy leads) and all you do is sell to people who trust you and they see you're making money so they join and you go and feast on their warm market and make all the commission. Before you know it you're at 100% and you have a downline.

----------

After getting licensed, reps start at 25% regardless of how many policies were sold to their warm market by their trainer. They get bumped up to 35% as they start to recruit, and grow from there. However, as easy as it sounds to recruit, Primerica reps average just over 2 recruits per year. Its a never ending battle to replace downlines, hence the focus is always on recruiting, rather than sales.

Last edited:
It's a great business for people who already have a business. If you are a doctor, hairstylist/barber, taxi driver, restaurant owner, self-help coach, owner of a non-profit...

If you are any of those things, it's great. You spend zero on marketing(you're not allowed to buy leads) and all you do is sell to people who trust you and they see you're making money so they join and you go and feast on their warm market and make all the commission. Before you know it you're at 100% and you have a downline.

"owner of a non-profit". Primerica agent, seems redundant.

----------

After getting licensed, reps start at 25% regardless of how many policies were sold to their warm market by their trainer. They get bumped up to 35% as they start to recruit, and grow from there. However, as easy as it sounds to recruit, Primerica reps average just over 2 recruits per year, and only 18% of them get licensed, and 35% of licensed reps leave annually. Its a never ending battle to replace downlines, hence the focus is always on recruiting, rather than sales.

That's not true. Maybe it was when you were there, but that's not how it is now, at least not where I was. There are two different ways to get to 50%. Either through selling policies, or through recruits and policies.

Most people in my office had between 3-5 or more in their downline, some people had multiples of that before they even started. They were all less than 3 months in. The average Primerica rep is probably not even participating, so there's that statistic.

Almost every recruit that I saw got licensed, but it depends on the office. Offices that are really good at recruiting have maybe a 5-10% licensing rate, but they also post huge numbers most agents would kill for.

----------

"owner of a non-profit". Primerica agent, seems redundant.

I love this guy. What part of the country are you in?

Back