Need Assistance in Hiring

You guys and gals (if any exist here lol) have helped me build my company from a idea to a company I am proud of. I am now ready to start hiring my first few agents. I am experiencing issues on how to do this. I am a independent agent, am appointed with several carriers and not sure where to get started. I have contacted my Colonial Life DGA and he wants to interview anyone I hire and I would earn part of his commission for the first year then anything he makes after that I will not earn.

This is not how I want to do business! I do not believe Colonial Life should have to interview my employees. If I hire someone they work for me NOT Colonial Life.

So my question is how do you guys hire agents to work for you? commission you pay and contracts you may use. My goal is to build a team that works for me and I live off a overhead.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Networking with other agents, financial planners, and craigslist. That is odd that Colonial wants to interview your agents.

I have people applying to work for me. I just am interested in what contracts fellow brokers use and such. As far as Colonial Life I am about through with my DGA as when my old DGA left and went to work for Aflac the guy they put in charge is a waste of my time.

I have people applying to work for me. I just am interested in what contracts fellow brokers use and such. As far as Colonial Life I am about through with my DGA as when my old DGA left and went to work for Aflac the guy they put in charge is a waste of my time.

Sounds like he is most interested in what he can make off you. What he is proposing is not in your interest at all.

I would say that as well, I am a young rising star in the business and its to be expected that I would come across something like this. Thank God I was born with some commonsense.

So... As far as contracts can I get a copy of one you guys use for your agents? Please

Back