Need Health Insurance Policy for 26 YO Male in Good Health

vigo

My son is about to age out of my policy and I'm shopping for coverage for him (I'll be helping him with the premium). His employer doesn't offer health insurance so he has to buy an individual policy. I've visited the online sites for BCBSFL and ehealthinsurance.com and a few others, but it's all very confusing. When I read the reviews for Blue Cross, Celtic and United Health One, I see nothing but complaints, which scares me.

Would I be better off going to an agent? If so, how would I locate a reputable one in south Florida? Or should I just post some info here in this forum to get a quote?

Thanks for any guidance you all can give me!

Absolutely get an agent. Let them do the shopping around. You can buy on-line but an agent will be a "go between" for any issues.

As far as complaints, most people don't take the time to give a good review, but a lot like to get on and vent. I try to take it with a grain of salt...

I'm certain some guys on here will post soon.

If anyone reading this sells individual health policies in south Florida, I'd like to get a quote.

Nonsmoker, 26 year old male, zip code 33009
The only health issues have been endoscopy and sigmoidoscopy to diagnose acid reflux issues (2012), testing for ADHD, which was negative (2012), psychologist therapy for procrastination issues (2012) as well as some therapy in 2008 for anxiety (took Lexapro briefly, maybe 3-4 months). He has never had a break in coverage - was always covered under my FEHB policy or under a BCBS conversion policy.

Looking for PPO, $5000 deductible, Rx coverage, premium under $200.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Am I doing something wrong here? No answers in 3 days? I would PM some of the Florida agents here but the forum won't allow me to do that until I have 20 posts. Can't somebody help me out?

Might want to tell your son to stop seeing the therapist every time he sneezes. I have to think those two trips are going to hurt.

If anyone reading this sells individual health policies in south Florida, I'd like to get a quote.

Nonsmoker, 26 year old male, zip code 33009
The only health issues have been endoscopy and sigmoidoscopy to diagnose acid reflux issues (2012), testing for ADHD, which was negative (2012), psychologist therapy for procrastination issues (2012) as well as some therapy in 2008 for anxiety (took Lexapro briefly, maybe 3-4 months). He has never had a break in coverage - was always covered under my FEHB policy or under a BCBS conversion policy.

Looking for PPO, $5000 deductible, Rx coverage, premium under $200.
I've been a licensed agent in Florida since 1993. Here's the problem: someone is going to make like $10-$11 per month on a case like this. Many question whether it's worth the aggravation...

Hint: CIGNA at $106/mo, 5k deductible, 100% co-insurance, HSA-qualified looks like the best deal to me....(pending a LOT more info)

Thanks for replying.I guess I was naive in posting here. Maybe I should have put my question in the "Ask A Question" section instead.

I just thought that an agent would be able to help by letting me know which companies were the best bet, which had overly strict underwriting policies, etc. Cost is important but quality of service is, too. For example, I understand that some companies use the fine print to deny claims all the time. I was hoping that an experienced agent would be able to help me navigate those waters.

Back