Need Health Insurance Policy for 26 YO Male in Good Health

I just thought that an agent would be able to help by letting me know which companies were the best bet, which had overly strict underwriting policies, etc.
My experience here in Fla is that Blue Cross & Blue Shield has the most strict underwriting - sometimes unfairly, many feel.
For example, I understand that some companies use the fine print to deny claims all the time.
It is virtually impossible for an insurance company NOT to pay a legitimate claim. They can make it tough (sometimes I think they hope people will fold their tent and go away), but legit claims are going to get paid.

moonlightandmargaritas,

Thanks. I was hoping to hear that BCBS was one of the better choices since they seem to have the best network of physicians and hospitals.

How is Celtic? I had never heard of them before but my FEHB plan uses them for conversion policies. A conversion policy will probably be a lot more $$ than I want to spend, but I may go for an individual plan with them.

Thanks. I was hoping to hear that BCBS was one of the better choices since they seem to have the best network of physicians and hospitals.
While they do have a big network, their major competitors (CIGNA, Aetna, Humana, etc.) do too.
How is Celtic? I had never heard of them before but my FEHB plan uses them for conversion policies.
Celtic is a 2nd (maybe 3rd) tier player in the market. Minor league. If premiums are roughly the same (they are) don't see any reason to use them as opposed to the "majors".

The mental health stuff probably won't be much of an issue with United Healthcare since they don't cover mental health anyway. I'm sure you could get a $5k deductible HSA plan with them under $200/mo. I don't write much business in FL so can't comment on BCBSFL/Cigna/Celtic.

Am I doing something wrong here? No answers in 3 days? I would PM some of the Florida agents here but the forum won't allow me to do that until I have 20 posts. Can't somebody help me out?

I did send you a message with a quote and my contact number if interested.

timamr, thanks. I did get your PM and tried to reply but couldn't because I don't have enough posts yet. The product you mentioned wasn't something I'd be interested in but thank you for responding.

timamr, thanks. I did get your PM and tried to reply but couldn't because I don't have enough posts yet. The product you mentioned wasn't something I'd be interested in but thank you for responding.

What was the product?

It was this --
$219/month. With that is a $6k deductible for sickness but ONLY a $500 deductible for ANY accident. Plus, if he were to be diagnosed with a critical illness it would pay out to HIM a lump sum of $39k. I can also include a life insurance policy with a face value of $52k.

I could take out the critical illness and life insurance benefit and save you an extra $30/month but I would not recommend it.
Way more complicated that what my son needs.:skeptical:

Back