Need Help, 15 Min "commercial" Tomorrow

jadziab

Expert
Hi Folks:

I've been asked on Wed. to speak at a brunch tomorrow a.m. at an over 55 community. After they eat they go upstairs where they listen to me before the entertainment. I mostly sell Medicare Plans but with all the regs I couldn't do that, so I'm speaking on LTC. Obviously I won't have time to cover any details. Any ideas to get them drooling to do biz with me. Thanks:swoon:

15 minutes will save you 15% or more on your LTC...

Jokes aside, the speaking will be based on your knowledge and how you deliver your message. Best to think through your outline (main topics) and refine the progress (start, middle build up, keep building up, climax, end...sounds like sex, right?)

15 minutes will go quickly.

You just need to touch on the following points:

Long term care is expensive, currently about $6000 month.

Medicare does not cover these costs.

Costs of care increase at about 5% per year.

For 55 year old applicants this is a $200,000 year problem when they are age 80+.

If they wish to transfer some or all of this risk they can buy a long term care policy.

Having a policy will help them to cover the cost of care thereby protecting retirement assets, allowing them to receive care with dignity in a setting of their choice- hopefully at home, and ensure they wont have to burden children and family.

Policies are comprehensive and flexible.

Care is covered in all settings--at home, in assisted living or CCRCs; and in nursing facilities; policy owners can buy as much or as little coverage as they need.

Policies may be funded on an annual basis; or with a time-time single payment. Single pay policies will even return the premium to them at death if long term care is not needed.

Last edited:
Ask a simple question "Who in this room has ever been a care giver?" Then ask a few people to share their stories (or tell one of your one) After 14 years I've learned LTC is all about the emotion of past experiences. Its "I love my family, so I'm going to protect them from my needing care." And then follow up in the key. Call, email, mail drips on those people.

Hi Folks:

I've been asked on Wed. to speak at a brunch tomorrow a.m. at an over 55 community. After they eat they go upstairs where they listen to me before the entertainment. I mostly sell Medicare Plans but with all the regs I couldn't do that, so I'm speaking on LTC. Obviously I won't have time to cover any details. Any ideas to get them drooling to do biz with me. Thanks:swoon:
Thanks both of you. I was freaking because I didn't have much time and I never spoke on LTC before so I did mention that the usual workshop takes 1.5 hrs. I managed to go over what Medicare doesn't pay, the risk of needing, the risk of using own $$ and the cost. I got two very good leads, one was in process of doing research and ready to make decision. I get nervous about speaking in public, I was told to imagine your audience naked...but in a Over 55 that might make me sick to my stomach.:yes:

Back