Need Help-Advise-New Bees

SEMTX

Texas
Hello
First of all I would like to thank Insurance Forum for being a such a big part in making my decisions and stamping them for future success, thank you all!!!.. you guys have no idea but I have been reading your thread(replies) for weeks now, finally I'm here.. inspired by you guys to join the forum.

So, about myself.. I have my P&C license from the state of Texas, with zero or no years of experience in this business. I know knowledge is not everything to be in this industry.. you need experience too.. but I think I'll get along and grow once I start my agency. I want to be an independent agent.. never thought of going a captive route nor will go.

My boss/mentor inspired me to take insurance as my career (i think he saw something in me).. He is a CPA and we want to start insurance agency as a part of his CPA firm. (which will benefit him but more me)

Here, I am trying to get some advise. I have contacted several cluster agencies like, SIAA (TAA), Keystone, ISU, Iroquois, CAA, and many more. Most of the calls went on voicemail and few other like SIAA & ISU gave me some valuable advise when they couldn't help me out. Basically the above I mention require years of experience and book of business, which I don't have.

One of them suggested me to go Superior Access route as I'm a "new bee", but SA is all online.. they have 2 option of package with limited carriers. I'm thinking of them but not sure...I have Smart Choice as other option but SA and SC are like siblings..

Could you please help me! guide suggest me to a point where some carrier,clusters is willing to give opportunity to new bees!

Back