Need Help. Any Other Options?

whitesoxmike

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me on my current healthcare insurance through my employer. I have been at the same company for 12 years and I am currently paying $440.00 bi-weekly for myself, wife, and 2 children. I am currently paying $50.00 extra for not passing 2 out of 4 health measurements (A1C, Blood Pressure, BMI, Cholesterol) I feel this is way to high of a premium. I have another child coming in March so this will go over $500.00 bi-weekly at that time. Do I have any other options that will be cheaper and not penalize me for these health measurements? My wife is currently pregnant and due in March. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Forgot to mention. I am in Illinois and income is about $120,000

Last edited:
Difficult to say if your costs are too high, but based on my experience with group, it does not appear to be too high.

You have a couple of options; 1) does your employer offer other options, 2) try the individual market (go to a local broker/agent, perhaps your company broker, or 3) become compliant and save $1,200 per year.

Back