Need Help Finding Carrier for Mobile Tool Salesmen

iiinycboi

Guru
100+ Post Club
so i am having trouble finding coverage for a

auto repair tool distributor, resells factory refurbished (backed by factory warranty), no warranty offered himself. he keeps all inventory in the delivery van. he drives from site to site delivering orders and selling.

need GL that follows him to sites,
inventory coverage for inside his van
auto liability
product/completion liability

i've got the GL and product liability and product completion liability, but i've having trouble finding carriers that will cover the inventory inside his van. he works out of his van and is a mobile salesman, any carriers you guys know that will take this?

No real idea for New York, but, his office is not his van and that is why you are having trouble.

What is his business address? Use that for the policy. Likely, its his home.

In California, I could probably write this through USLI (United States Liability). Not sure if they cover New York or not. To be honest, I'd have to double check on the inventory in the van piece, but I think they would take this.

Alternatively, www.gotapco.com. Call them and see if they have a market. Pretty easy to work with them, and they will find a market for a lot of things that don't fit elsewhere. If they can't place it, they always tell me who will.

Dan

in NY have you used Harleysville? They have good rates but can be strict on their underwriting criteria

They are great with business in that type of market

RBA--do you use Combined Group? How are their fees? From what I see online, you have to pay for their rater. Anything else?

USLI is the only carrier that gave me a quote but they said they will only cover up to 5k in the car as extended off premises coverage. (i used his home as home office address, but he basically keeps all his inventory in his van at all times, so he wants the van to be covered. the commercial auto policy doesnt cover the inventory either)

harleysville declined the risk

i'll give tapco a call, see what they got.

RBA, CG is a wholesaler in ny? they got some overlapping carriers with me but i do need a few from them.

Thanks guys
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
tapco doesnt do it either, seems like no one wants to take inland marine for his inventory.

Last edited:
I do NOT use Combined group, I just know they have access to alot of top carriers...

Back