Need help finding carrier for overweight prospect

any overweight case I have Pru always seems to come through
Pru has been my go-to carrier as well, but did have a case a few years ago where they declined due to weight...6'2" 435lbs. Ended up going with Petersen for 2 years until his weight came down to 275 and was stable for 1 year, then went back to Pru and got standard.

You have a few term carriers that would take this.

Pru and Hancock are good with larger builds (and would write this). ANICO maybe too. Banner would be a great option (rates off of S+) but I believe that they only have 6 tables for build so you'd be really close with them.

Thank you for the recommendations! Any tips on where I can get contracted to write Pru/Hancock? My current IMO doesn't offer it

Thank you for the recommendations! Any tips on where I can get contracted to write Pru/Hancock? My current IMO doesn't offer it

Earlier you said, "Parents are looking for something just to cover his FE needs if something were to happen." You also said that THEY were okay with Term. Did you explain to them that wanting something for burial needs is a permanent problem and that Term is a temporary solution? Sure, he might be able to convert it down the road, but at what cost?

Earlier you said, "Parents are looking for something just to cover his FE needs if something were to happen." You also said that THEY were okay with Term. Did you explain to them that wanting something for burial needs is a permanent problem and that Term is a temporary solution? Sure, he might be able to convert it down the road, but at what cost?

Yes I have. The father was a former Primerica agent so he is heavily into term. The original plan is to get some form of coverage on him since he is still dependent on the parents. Once he is finished with schooling and whatever else, they can transfer the policy to him for him to make his own decisions.

I informed them from the get go that approval odds for their son is quite tough with a term product is quite tough but we'll give it a try. I advised against it since FE cost is a permanent issue but after 2 hours with the client, I decided any coverage is better than no coverage.

Back