Need Help Finding MA Supplement (for Lack of a Better Term)

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
I know this has been discussed many times here. I just skimmed through about 20 pages reading the thread headlines and can't find it (that doesn't mean I didn't overlook it).

I've got a few clients that are adamant they want one of these daily hospital benefit plans. I never thought they were of benefit, but as I said, these clients are adamant.

What carriers offer these types of plans?

I know this has been discussed many times here. I just skimmed through about 20 pages reading the thread headlines and can't find it (that doesn't mean I didn't overlook it).

I've got a few clients that are adamant they want one of these daily hospital benefit plans. I never thought they were of benefit, but as I said, these clients are adamant.

I think you may be talking about a GTL tie-in....

This what you are looking for?

GTL Advantage Plus

Why GTL?

The GTL difference:
Helps out with Medicare Advantage co-pays & deductibles

Daily hospital confinement

Ambulance

Durable medical equipment

Skilled nursing home care

Lump sum Hospital confinement

Additional benefits

The best plan I know of is through Continental General, called the Continental Edge. About $300 a year for a $1,000 benefit paid after 1st day in-patient. (Not that I think it's a good value, but people like it).

You can get it from www.ritterim.com.

Rick

Probably looking for an indemity plan like GTL. I looked at GTL a year or so ago, their problem is in the underwriting. Most of the people that needed it and wanted it couldn't get it because of the underwriting.

The only 2 I know of have been mentioned here...continental and GTL.

The GTL works better with a per day hospital co-pay and the continental pays per visit. So, it depends on the plan you are offering. With either you can add vice-versa coverage but it adds to the premium.

I use GTL for the simple fact that the app is easier (less underwriting) and no call in is needed at time of enrollment.

Back