Need Help From Pa Agents. Stillwell Agency Info

S

starving artist

Has anyone heard of the Robert J Stillwell agency out of Philly? They want me to work under a general agency agreement that seems pretty one-sided(30% of advances held against charge backs, a three year non compete agreement, low commissions etc) they do offer free leads though. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

They are a medium-sized P&C agency located in Spring House, Montgomery County, PA. Inasmuch as I do not do P&C I am unable to give you any additional information on them.

Starving artist, there may be some Pennsylvania P&C agents on this forum who could give you more info. You could check their website, but I don't think that will help you much. From what I saw it looks as though they are heavily into automobile coverage.

Arnguy, are you sure you have the right agency? I'm from central PA but I thing Stillwell is primarily med supp, ltc and final expense? What is their website address that you were viewing?

Believe it or not I found Stillwell Agency yesterday and went back in this evening and could not bring up that web page. However, I "googled" the name and came up with a listing for them in the following website looking for a CSR: jobview.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=63171754. It gives a summary description of the agency. Further search indicates they represent Ohio Casualty and they appear to be strictly in the auto insurance business.

Back