Need Help! I have to add Rot & Bacteria Coverage to my Condo Liability Policy!

My plan is to write a liability policy for a condo complex, but the policy that I can offer the condo complex does not include Rot & Bacteria coverage, and my competitors do.

What (if any) company specializes, or just writes riders/endorsements on other businesses BOP liability policies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

My plan is to write a liability policy for a condo complex, but the policy that I can offer the condo complex does not include Rot & Bacteria coverage, and my competitors do.

What (if any) company specializes, or just writes riders/endorsements on other businesses BOP liability policies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Never heard of a company that offers 'rot and bacteria' coverage.

Mold is excluded on most policies (at least in California). I'm confused by what 'rot' is for insurance purposes. If this is like a fence rots out because it is old, I don't think this is covered on any policy. Or is it food due to spoilage from a power outage? For the most part, I think this is normal wear and tear.

For bacteria, buy them a can of lysol. They will be fully covered.

Personally, I think they are sending you on a wild goose chase for a condo policy. If this was a restaurant policy, I could somewhat understand what they are talking about. I am not an expert on this, I've never been asked about rot and bateria coverage, but I'd be really curious to know what company offers this with it being specifically mentioned in the policy.

Dan

Thank you all for your replies, it is Rot, not Rat I'm looking for. It is an interesting thing though, my competitors bid says it covers Rot,mold & bacteria in one spot, then it says that their policy excludes it in another spot, so it could have just been the mistake of the agent putting the bid together.

I agree with Bobson though, I've never seen anybody cover this, besides my competitor.

I'll be finding out in the next 2 days whether I win the bid!! Pray for me! Too late now to get anything added on to the liability policy.

And thanks for the feedback!

Well, they chose Farmers!!! YAYYYAYAY. What can I say, we came in at about the same price, but our package was more comprehensive than our competitors!

Yippee Ky Ay Mutha Fu*ker!!! :bump:

Back