Need Help I Want to Really Learn & Earn

FSnLA

So I am currently with WFG. I like my uplines but its very hard to get ahold of them. me not being a complainer I do a good amount of research and do my best to educate myself in the ways of the insurance agent..... PROBLEM!! They often push "Recruiting" new agents and all that. I tell them flat out I care nothing to recruit new agents, I care about the prospecting and finding of clients, I dont care abotu building an agency, there is zero point in me trying to bring someone else in when I myself am still struggling. Anyways, I have decided to try and either get hired as a captive agenct to gain some experience and put all those nigths of studying and passing the state bar exam to use, or to find a way to find actually leads and actually help people. Midn you I dont believe in hard selling or convincing anyone, I would prefer to gain a connection with them first and foremost before ever making a sell..... anywyas enough rambling I would accept and take any guidance! I thank you for your time.

So I am currently with WFG. I like my uplines but its very hard to get ahold of them. me not being a complainer I do a good amount of research and do my best to educate myself in the ways of the insurance agent..... PROBLEM!! They often push "Recruiting" new agents and all that. I tell them flat out I care nothing to recruit new agents, I care about the prospecting and finding of clients, I dont care abotu building an agency, there is zero point in me trying to bring someone else in when I myself am still struggling. Anyways, I have decided to try and either get hired as a captive agenct to gain some experience and put all those nigths of studying and passing the state bar exam to use, or to find a way to find actually leads and actually help people. Midn you I dont believe in hard selling or convincing anyone, I would prefer to gain a connection with them first and foremost before ever making a sell..... anywyas enough rambling I would accept and take any guidance! I thank you for your time.

Just read this website. It will answer a lot of your questions. Getting Started with FE Sales

I can appreciate the position you're in. Just hang in there. Working in a service business takes time just like anything else, and the key to success is building connections and getting experience.

You have to establish yourself as an expert in your area.

Go to local events and shake hands with people, make connections with local centers of influence, and always convey that you are a professional.

People do business with people they like and trust.

I've been a agent for 3 years working in a call center as a "captive" agent. Being captive does provide a lot of experience but frankly their are a lot of companies that are not good for either you or the consumer.

The best thing I can suggest is that you try to decide on what you want to be an expert in. Group, Cancer, FE, etc. Then concentrate on that till you are an expert in the field. No one is an expert in everything. Don't be afraid to say that. Recommend someone that is. You will be surprised on how many people will recommend you because of that.

Use good training tools. Never stop training. Dave Duford (who is here on the boards somewhere) does a lot of great YouTube Video's. Of course, ask questions here...just beware of smart ass answers!

Back