Need help im moving to another state

Sep 21, 2007

1. naddy512

naddy512 New Member

hi my name is dan i am always on here reading and learning everyone has been great now i have a big question

i work in virginia started with med supps then i switched to individual health im appointed with aetna assurant and golden rule and i get my lists from salesgenie

As things just started to get going (by the way im pretty new to the insurance biz)
    For family reasons i need to move back to new jersey which is where im from
    now i hear individual health insurance in jersey is weird
    i am licensed and have a 800 number and a tradename in Va so what steops should i be doing to move my biz to jersey and is it even possible to sell in jersey or should i sell in my neighboring state pennsylvania (anyone sell there) or can i still sell in Va thnk that would work

I NEED SOME GUIDANCE
    my email is [email protected] if anyone needs it

PLEASE HELP ME oh to add insult to injury i do not have any money to really put into this anymore but i wqill work my ass off so please feel free to leave ur two cents but plz keep it to the topic
    Thanks in advance everyone

naddy512, Sep 21, 2007
  2. TXINSURANCE

TXINSURANCE Guru

You can work whatever market you choose - this is your choice. Being that you were living in VA you have a lot in common with these people and know the turf - it is a logic choice.

I believe if you move to NJ permanently you will have to change your home state license to NJ - you will have to check with them on the procedure, then obtain non resident licenses outside of NJ.

And to add more bad news - none of that is free... You may not have to do this right away though - check with NJ DOI.

And YES NJ is a guaranteed issue state so I believe with individual insurance commission is non existent or a complete joke. Since individual insurance is guaranteed issue - individual insurance isn't even remotely affordable - but hey it makes politicians feel all warm and fuzzy.

Sell wherever you want - but VA makes sense since you have a history there, and border states to your home state are logical as well.

Good Luck!!!