Need Help Renewing License

Praeter

Expert
Hello. I'm struggling trying to figure out how to renew my Michigan resident producers license. I thought I was out of the insurance game, but recently interviewed with an excellent agency and need to renew my license asap.

I've already been directed to webce for my continuing ed. My question/concern is my license effective date was 8/22/11 and it states my CE review date was 4/1/13. What are the steps I need to take in order for my license to not get cancelled and any ideas on fees I'll have to pay?

Hello. I'm struggling trying to figure out how to renew my Michigan resident producers license. I thought I was out of the insurance game, but recently interviewed with an excellent agency and need to renew my license asap.

I've already been directed to webce for my continuing ed. My question/concern is my license effective date was 8/22/11 and it states my CE review date was 4/1/13. What are the steps I need to take in order for my license to not get cancelled and any ideas on fees I'll have to pay?

Just go to your states department of insurance website and renew. Pay the fees. Done.

Just go to your states department of insurance website and renew. Pay the fees. Done.
When going to Michigan's site and clicking the renewal link there isn't any information regarding fees. It just states to do your CE and what not. DIFS - Renewal

Going to LARA(Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation), it states "You cannot currently renew your license(s). Please renew your license(s) during the open renewal period." That's without inputting any of my information.

Is it just as simple as needing to do my CE?

Resident Producer - Reinstatement

A resident producer may be reinstated if suspended for continuing education (CE) within 1 year from the suspension date. If the license has been inactive over 1 year, applicant must start the licensing process as an initial licensee.

Submit Electronic Resident Licensing (ERL) application If submitting application for additional qualifications within 30 days of first application, must contact NIPR at 816/783-8468 to delete first application ID.

DIFS - Reinstatement

I am a new agent and my Resident License is in WA but I also got my reciprocal license in OR, ID, and AK. Will I have to do the CE hours for each state, or just my resident state?

I am a new agent and my Resident License is in WA but I also got my reciprocal license in OR, ID, and AK. Will I have to do the CE hours for each state, or just my resident state?

Resident state you only need to have your resident license in good standing AND pay the fees to the nonresidential state.

Back