Need Help Searching for Mom's LTC Policy

robertdawg

My wife's mother moved here from the D.C area (we live in CA) and she left quite a lot of her personal paperwork back there in the care of her son whom she also entrusted with a POA. He is my wife's brother by blood and has become antagonistic towards both my wife and their mother who is now incapacitated, mentally and physically. He also has withheld money intended for her care and will not send any of her insurance info to us. My wife and I are both disabled and can no longer care for her.

We recently found out from another son that she may have an LTC policy but he couldn't supply any other info.

Is there a way to search for this policy online? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My wife's mother moved here from the D.C area (we live in CA) and she left quite a lot of her personal paperwork back there in the care of her son whom she also entrusted with a POA. He is my wife's brother by blood and has become antagonistic towards both my wife and their mother who is now incapacitated, mentally and physically. He also has withheld money intended for her care and will not send any of her insurance info to us. My wife and I are both disabled and can no longer care for her.

We recently found out from another son that she may have an LTC policy but he couldn't supply any other info.

Is there a way to search for this policy online? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

any idea which company it might be with?

Are there any monthly bank drafts coming out of her checking account from insurance companies?

Thanks, that looks very promising. My wife's other brother may have already located the policy info. If that doesn't pan out, we will gladly shell out the $35 for a search.

Is it possible that your brother-in-law won't share the insurance info with you because as POA, he let the policy lapse and is spending the money on himself instead of on her policy or for her care? Either way...the guy's a D-Bag!

There's too much going on here. At the end of the day, you'll most likely need an attorney who can do a search for you and settle your family issues.
Gonna try the search posted by Indy007 first due to cost delta involved, but I agree that an atty would be the best way to go.

----------

Are there any monthly bank drafts coming out of her checking account from insurance companies?
She had an acct in DC, but the son has control over that too and he won't part with that info, hiding behind the POA

----------

Is it possible that your brother-in-law won't share the insurance info with you because as POA, he let the policy lapse and is spending the money on himself instead of on her policy or for her care? Either way...the guy's a D-Bag!
My wife has described him in various colorful ways which essentially agrees with your assessment of him :^{

Back