Need help! Who to work for?

avanti3055

I am a newly licensed agent in P&C, and Life. I want to work with the companies paying the highest commissions, and I do not want to be under someone's thumb all the time. It seems like a big secret. I just want the names of some good companies to work for. Not Farmers, State Farm, NYL, or your everyday big name insurance companies. I have been interviewing with many of them and i am not impressed! What the heck did I get this license for? Well it wasn't to work for a bunch of smoke blower's.

:goofy: This is what i looked like after talking with those companies!

I want to make the best money, so i dont care what sector of insurance
I sell, P&C, or Life. If anyone has a line on some great companies to work for, please list them for me if you would. I am not looking for a debate on who is the best, so please have backup to support your claim. What makes them great?

:laugh: This is how i want to look, laughing all the way to the bank!

Thanks all!

Well...I have been with the same "big name" insurance company for 26 years, and have never regretted it.

But admititly, it's a lot tougher these days to start with them. Are you planning on getting a Series 6, 7 or 63 license?

Oh...and the smoke blowers? They come in all shapes and sizes, regardless of how big the company is.

I wish you the best of luck. Maybe someone else has some ideas for California.

Company Worth Looking Into

To Avanti3055: There is a lady in Orange County, CA, named Vicki Gunvalson that may be worth checking into. She owns Gunvalson Insurance and in the last year? has started Coto Insurance & Financial Services. Her website says that she is a, "Member of the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT), "Court of the Table member, Top 1% of all agents worldwide, etc."

Her website also says her agency is committed to providing agents with top commissions, exclusive leads program and a patent pending automated sales system, "ALISS". I have no idea what ALISS is. Does anyone else out there?

She was one of the cast members on the show called "The Real Housewives of Orange County" on Bravo. From watching that show, she appears to be very wealthy and "self-made". Is it true? Who knows?? That is what was protrayed on the show. Apparently she has done quite well for herself, so she must be doing something right.

Note that she does have a book entitled, "Internet Life Insurance Selling Made Easy" for sale for $395 on her website, that is supposed to enable you to "learn how to duplicate Vicki's Success". My advice, I'd be leary of buying that because if you go to work for her she and/or someone else in her company should train you, provide guidance, share their knowledge, etc. And they should do it for "free". Besides, it is not really "free" because if you work for her company, she will be making money off of every one your sales anyway.

Keep us posted on where you end up. Good luck to you.

P.S. Chumps From Oxford is dead on right about the smoke blowers!!

Dude, you are obviously in the business for the wrong reason. You want to get into this business because you want to help your clients by not getting the most money but giving the best service and products. Keep that attitude and you will never get any high-net clients.
I suggest you get out of the business. This industry is filled with too many of you guys and it's giving the industry a bad rap....

Last edited:
WTL thanks for your B.S. answer.

If your not in the business to make money, why dont you start helping old ladies cross the street. Then you can feel real good about yourself. ***!

WTL thanks for your B.S. answer.

If your not in the business to make money, why dont you start helping old ladies cross the street. Then you can feel real good about yourself. ***!

In all honesty I and I believe others don't like this "***" term being use, totally uncalled for. He or she was responding to this statement by you I'm sure: I want to make the best money, so i dont care what sector of insurance
I sell, P&C, or Life.

Now I'm not sure myself why you are in the business? One basic thing we all should know is you should sell what you feel strongly about, obviously your showing that you don't care about the product. Then it gets even more juicy in this statement: What the heck did I get this license for? Well it wasn't to work for a bunch of smoke blower's.

This in reply to such companies as NYL? I mean NYL is an icon in the business and have been around for some 150 years doing a bang up job making some big money that only seems to get bigger every year. Na, they are just a bunch of blower's? No maybe you are the blower? I would suggest rethinking your strategy on your newly choosen field of endeavor.

Avant, obviously you have not noticed my logon, may be corny but get's the mess. across. Fuuny thing is when I was buying a car, I helped an old lady cross the street. Walked her to the dealership. We ended up buying the same car and I was able to negotiate a great deal for both of us. We talked briefly during the salesmans going back and forth with his manager and next thing you know she is one of my biggest client with $20mil+ acct. To be professional, I shall refrain from calling names. You never know if that old lady or old man is testing someone.. I've been a financial advisor for a long time. If you want help in getting your career then let's talk otherwise look for something else cause with that attitude you will FAIL...Hope none of your clients(if you have any) doesn't look at your pathetic post...
Best of luck....

Re: Company Worth Looking Into

To Avanti3055: There is a lady in Orange County, CA, named Vicki Gunvalson that may be worth checking into. She owns Gunvalson Insurance and in the last year? has started Coto Insurance & Financial Services. Her website says that she is a, "Member of the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT), "Court of the Table member, Top 1% of all agents worldwide, etc."

Her website also says her agency is committed to providing agents with top commissions, exclusive leads program and a patent pending automated sales system, "ALISS". I have no idea what ALISS is. Does anyone else out there?

She was one of the cast members on the show called "The Real Housewives of Orange County" on Bravo. From watching that show, she appears to be very wealthy and "self-made". Is it true? Who knows?? That is what was protrayed on the show. Apparently she has done quite well for herself, so she must be doing something right.

Note that she does have a book entitled, "Internet Life Insurance Selling Made Easy" for sale for $395 on her website, that is supposed to enable you to "learn how to duplicate Vicki's Success". My advice, I'd be leary of buying that because if you go to work for her she and/or someone else in her company should train you, provide guidance, share their knowledge, etc. And they should do it for "free". Besides, it is not really "free" because if you work for her company, she will be making money off of every one your sales anyway.

Keep us posted on where you end up. Good luck to you.

P.S. Chumps From Oxford is dead on right about the smoke blowers!!

I'm not quite sure what to think of Vicki Gunvalson and her system. She did say she's been in the business over 18 years and she's extremely driven. I read and heard on her site that she likes to buy 7 to 10 leads per day. I ordered her book yesterday to see what it's all about. Worst case I lost $395, best case I pick up a couple of ideas that will pay for it. I was hoping to get it quicker since it said priority shipping, but it says it will ship within 14 days. I guess after 14 days it will get to me quick via priority mail. I'll post a book review after I read it.

As far as the ALISS, which is the Automated Life Insurance Sales System created by Efinancial, I sat through their webinar today to check it out. It's actually a pretty impressive system. All web based and they will feed your leads into it. It does all your contact management. You enter health questions and it will quote and prepopulate which ever life insurance companies application you go with. Also alerts for underwriting through their case managers. A follow up email system with templates etc. You can also hit a button to get contracted wtih the various companies. There was a lot of stuff the system did. The set up was $150, 2 months up front of $120 and then $60 a month after that. I liked the system and did find out you don't have to contract through them to use the system. They're happy just to sell you the system and leads.

I've heard on Vicki's audio clip to sell her book about top commissions and no hair cuts. But the numbers they threw around were 80%, 90% and as high as 100% for a top contract. So best case you're getting street level. But I don't know the actual numbers. I'm just guessing from what I heard them talking about.

I was thinking about using the ALISS system and trying their leads but possibly contracting through another IMO for a higher contract. The only thing I think I would lose by doing this is having their case manager scrub my apps before it hits new business and track my underwriting issues. So it depends on the difference in commission if it would be worth it or not. My wife will be working with me as my assistant and she has dealt with new business and underwriting before. But she is talking about getting her license, so if she does that she'll be selling too.

Last edited:
Re: Company Worth Looking Into

I'm not quite sure what to think of Vicki Gunvalson and her system. She did say she's been in the business over 18 years and she's extremely driven. I read and heard on her site that she likes to buy 7 to 10 leads per day. I ordered her book yesterday to see what it's all about. Worst case I lost $395, best case I pick up a couple of ideas that will pay for it. I was hoping to get it quicker since it said priority shipping, but it says it will ship within 14 days. I guess after 14 days it will get to me quick via priority mail. I'll post a book review after I read it.

As far as the ALISS, which is the Automated Life Insurance Sales System created by Efinancial, I sat through their webinar today to check it out. It's actually a pretty impressive system. All web based and they will feed your leads into it. It does all your contact management. You enter health questions and it will quote and prepopulate which ever life insurance companies application you go with. Also alerts for underwriting through their case managers. A follow up email system with templates etc. You can also hit a button to get contracted wtih the various companies. There was a lot of stuff the system did. The set up was $150, 2 months up front of $120 and then $60 a month after that. I liked the system and did find out you don't have to contract through them to use the system. They're happy just to sell you the system and leads.

I've heard on Vicki's audio clip to sell her book about top commissions and no hair cuts. But the numbers they threw around were 80%, 90% and as high as 100% for a top contract. So best case you're getting street level. But I don't know the actual numbers. I'm just guessing from what I heard them talking about.

I was thinking about using the ALISS system and trying their leads but possibly contracting through another IMO for a higher contract. The only thing I think I would lose by doing this is having their case manager scrub my apps before it hits new business and track my underwriting issues. So it depends on the difference in commission if it would be worth it or not. My wife will be working with me as my assistant and she has dealt with new business and underwriting before. But she is talking about getting her license, so if she does that she'll be selling too.

Salem Insurance Guy, Would you mind shooting me a quick email to let me know what you thought of Vicki's book? I want to buy it but its pricey and I want to make sure its worth the investment...
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back