Need Help with 1000 Member Association Benefits Please.

Consultant

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Greetings:

The purpose of this post is to see if there are any plans or insurers that would touch this. I've been approached by miquotes.com as the place for them to log in (CRM purposes) and choose their discount plans. Primarily they will be going through People Plus Card for the discount plan. The only deal this association can give is a 30% decrease in premium for this card.

Is there anything better I can offer this association without being medically underwritten?

Commission wise I will only be obtaining about $5 for each discount member a month. And different rates for Life and such. I make more than this with my average medium group of 5-7 employees if 20% of this 1000 person group apply. Any thoughts?

Here's some info on the Association:

1000 members consistently
They are international, most out of USA is Canada
Primarily women ages 28-60, some men
Most are individually owned or partners with 1-2 others.

My primary State is CA. I would like inquires from other States handled by a third party administrator.

------

Thank you for any thoughts, rants, questions, comments, direction...

-Consultant

Last edited:
So is misquotes.com trying to end their relationship with New Benefits (People Plus Card provider)?

Or is the Association ending relationship with Misquotes.com? Or the Association has no connection with misquotes.com, you are describing their offer to you?

Looking for a company like this? Access Plans USA: Products, they put together these discount plans you can tailor for them.

Last edited:
I have screwed around with associations a couple of times. It always ends up as a waste of my time.

First questions i would ask is the health benefit a sales point for people to join?

What is the avg income of the members? You should already know their industry.

I would look at a limited benefit plan that pays the member. shoot for GI.

I worked one association and got a LB plan but none of the members wanted to spend $100 a month for it. There was 500+ members and none of them wanted to spend anything.
All this work and the I asked the member if they were some type of Jokers? Actually they were it was an association of stand up comedians............ I did know that going into it.

I have screwed around with associations a couple of times. It always ends up as a waste of my time.

X2....
Usually , if you are working with an association, they have an insurance committee made up of a few members. Usually, either the committee member or a family member cause their entire family to be uninsurable for IFP coverage. Therefore, they have a vested interest into obtaining true "group" coverage. The ins committee members want coverage that suits THEIR needs and to hell with the rest of the assn.
Also, most quality health carriers won't tough assn's. Why? Because usually only the uninsurable enroll.

Had the same trouble trying to find something for an association with 250 members.

I never thought about a discount card type of plan. Not a big fan of them for the most part.

What options are there using these types of plans.

Thanks!

Back