Need Help with Health Insurance Question

I don't do traditional health insurance, so I know there will be somebody here who can help me.

My brother in law works at a small business that does not offer insurance. We've been telling his dumb behind to take out individual insurance for years, but he never listened, until now, and I'm afraid it may be too late.

He's 37, smokes and dips, and had a heart attack in January 2008, had stents. (imagine that)

He finally tried to get coverage through individual Blue (BC/BS) here in Alabama, but he didn't pass underwriting because of the stents.

Are there any companies out there who would take him, and is there anybody licensed in Alabama who could help me on this one?

Not with a heart attack 2 years ago. I guess the heart attack wasn't enough to sway him from continuing to smoke and dip. Would you insure this guy if you were the company? He could always suck it up and try getting a part-time job at Starbucks or something for the health benefits.

Not with a heart attack 2 years ago. I guess the heart attack wasn't enough to sway him from continuing to smoke and dip. Would you insure this guy if you were the company? He could always suck it up and try getting a part-time job at Starbucks or something for the health benefits.
Heck no I wouldn't insure him if it were me.

Actually, we've been after him to get a job that has group coverage for years too, but he hasn't done that either.

go to the damn right forum... not the reform site... jesus
The jerk store called........

FYI, I normally post in the Senior forum, so when I saw "Health insurance Reform Forum", I didn't process the "Reform" part. Kind of like the stop sign that says go type of thing, when your brain processes things different than your eyes.

But thanks for pointing it out to me; I hope you don't treat your prospects/clients that way.

Last edited:
This is weird.

I just posted a response and it was the first. Now I see there are several before me. That happens from time to time. Can't explain why there were no responses, then a bunch.

Back