Need Help with Scripts for Cold Calling to Offer Free P&C Quotes

farmers

My office cold calls our hopeful clients at home between the hours of 6 and 8 pm. We don't use a special list just scrubbed numbers for the zip codes within 10 miles from the office.

Our main script is: this iscalling from Farmers Insurance. We are offering free auto and home quotes to the people in your neighborhood. Recently our office has been saving people who switch a lot of money. To get your free quote started I need to know what vehicles you drive....

It seems to work ok, but my staff say it doesn't seem to catch the clients attention that well. Is it longer than it needs to be? Does it say the wrong thing? Is it gimicky or does it sound like just another telemarketer calling?

I sometimes feel like people are either interested or not, no matter what you say.

Is asking bluntly going to to get you farther than scripting the call?
- do you want to try to save some money by getting a free auto and home quote from us?

By using this method I can see getting more numbers called since you don't spend as much time repeating a longer script, and if it's a numbers game does more numbers called with a quick script mean more leads than less numbers called with a longer scripted speach?

Our only rebutles seem to focus around the fact that it is a free quote and that it would be a good thing if we can save them money. We find that most people act as if comparing is a huge waste of time even though they don't have a clue how much they might be overpaying.

Does anyone have a good script and rebutles that seem to work well? what can be said to these hopeful clients to make them think getting a free comparison quote may just be a great idea to save some money in these hard times?

Any thoughts on what to try or how to change my own script would be appreciated! Any thoughts on the rebutles would be great too! Thanks a ton!!!

Back