Need help with this Health Opportunity

A $400 Assurant deal at 20% with a 12mo advance is only $960. At 25% that's $1,200. That would be a GA commish. Hard to believe this agency is just giving out GA commish to anyone, but you can get a GA contract going direct with production requirements of course.

" 240%-276% Advance "

This sounds better than 25% with a 10 month advance - which is about what it is . . .

However - I haven't seen very many $400 a month health plan buyers in my group.

Tom

I saw an opportunity advertised on craigslist that I did not think was genuine. I don't currently do much health insurance but was thinking about adding it to my portfolio but it didn't sound legit. Any info. would be appreciated. The ad was as follows:

Insurance Agent's Dream!!

If you are currently selling Health and Life insurance, then you owe it to yourself to read on. We are a national organization that offers insurance products from coast to coast. These are just some of the benefits our organization offers.

1) 240%-276% Advance- Sell a $400 deal and receive $1104 advance!
2) All plans are MAJOR MEDICAL
3) Plans with 3 year rate locks
4) All electronic applications-NO PAPERS
5) Can sell from your home office, so there is no need to drive all over town
6) Direct deposit-paid directly from the insurance company
7) Plans with decreasing deductibles
8) Lead Programs
9) No meetings

We also have MANAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES in certain areas. If you are a motivated individual with a strong desire to build your own team, then we have something for you. Earn 24%-36% advances off of all of your sub agents on your team with ZERO EXPENSES!

This adverstisement is not out of the ordinary. It looks like they push Assurant almost exclusively...it's not a crime. When you post stuff like this you'll get it ripped or you'll just be solicited by more GA's.

Thanks for the input fellas. Could lead to potential disaster with such big advances. Probably do an as earned to minimize this. Thanks!

This ad was posted by an Assurant General Agent. Commission is annualized at 20% X 12 months (240%), or 23% x 12 months (276%) if you add $50,000 or more term life for either primary or spouse.
If the leads are from Assurant itself (LEGS), those leads are consistently poor. (My partner and I have an Assurant GA contract.)
The management override is 2% X 12 months (24%) or 3% X 12 months (36%). If you are an experienced agent, we can make you the same offer.

By the way, our average monthly premium is over $300. If you buy Internet leads with age filters (over 30) and just families (2 or more), average premium could be over $400 per month.

This ad was posted by an Assurant General Agent. Commission is annualized at 20% X 12 months (240%), or 23% x 12 months (276%) if you add $50,000 or more term life for either primary or spouse.
If the leads are from Assurant itself (LEGS), those leads are consistently poor. (My partner and I have an Assurant GA contract.)
The management override is 2% X 12 months (24%) or 3% X 12 months (36%). If you are an experienced agent, we can make you the same offer.

By the way, our average monthly premium is over $300. If you buy Internet leads with age filters (over 30) and just families (2 or more), average premium could be over $400 per month.

A 2% override is not worth it...

Back