Need Hospital Indemnity in Calif for Seniors - HELP!

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
I urgently need to find a daily hospital plan of about $200 for up to 10 days. I have yet to find a carrier writing this in California for anyone over 64.

Any ideas? This could help me a great deal!

Rick

The only ones I know of are GTL, Continental Life, and Continental General. Not sure if any of them are in Cali.
I know of a few others - none of which are in California.

The problem I have is my Pyramid Life clients are having claims problems and one large medical group is so fed up that they may no longer accept the company. The Pyramid plan is $19 plus a PDP for $26 gives a monthly cost of $45.

Aetna has a great plan with PDP for ZERO but is $185 per day for 7 days for hospital (vs. $195 per admission with Pyramid).

If I can find a hospital room & board policy for a reasonable cost, I can probably convert 50 or more people.

Rick

For some bizarre reason, a lot of insurers stay out of California. It is very frustrating considering how many seniors you have there. I will ask around, but no promises.

Very few companies write hosp indemnity anymore, but United American used to have them. I think AARP still carries them. Aren't you licensed for AARP products?

It seems like mainly smaller companies fool with this anymore....due to non-profitability for the big guys?

A few days ago I finally found what I consider a good plan at reasonable prices. It's from CGI (Great American). Can pick $750, $1,000 or $1,500 payable on the 2nd day of hospital. 70 year old can get the $750 for about $22 per month. Makes an MA plan with a $185x7 days easier to sell.

The FMO I'm using is Craig Ritter (Ritter Insurance Marketing) but I'm sure others can find it as well. Craig will give the "pre-nup" letter on all products.

There are options available including AD&D, ambulance, etc. The other good thing is that when the plan is issued the company will include an offer for final expense. If accepted, we get full commission.

Apparently it's relatively new so wanted to pass it along.

Rick

The only ones I know of are GTL, Continental Life, and Continental General. Not sure if any of them are in Cali.

This was post #2. That was posted 1 month ago. I sold a number of the pre approved FE plans on med supp deliveries. I didn't think the continental edge product was priced very well and the under writing is the same as a med supp. Might be different in Cali but in IN it is about the price of a med supp.

This was post #2. That was posted 1 month ago. I sold a number of the pre approved FE plans on med supp deliveries. I didn't think the continental edge product was priced very well and the under writing is the same as a med supp. Might be different in Cali but in IN it is about the price of a med supp.
Sorry Mike. I didn't think that was the same product. Thanks for trying to help me. If you were just a little older I would have listened.;)

However, the basic coverage for this plan is quite reasonable and I though the pricing was the same in all states. The annual premium for just the hospital benefit is around $300-400 for a 70 yr. old. annually. That's a lot cheaper than a med supp. I see no reason to add any of the options.

Rick

Sorry Mike. I didn't think that was the same product. Thanks for trying to help me. If you were just a little older I would have listened.;)

However, the basic coverage for this plan is quite reasonable and I though the pricing was the same in all states. The annual premium for just the hospital benefit is around $300-400 for a 70 yr. old. annually. That's a lot cheaper than a med supp. I see no reason to add any of the options.

Rick[/quote/]

Apology accepted. :cool:

Back