Need Info About Child Sexual Abuse Liability Insurance.

wrxrex

Hi, I am a Temple University student studying Risk Management and Insurance. I am doing a project on a relevant P&C topic and have would like some information about this topic. The project requires me to interview two professionals. If you can help me out please let me know!

Thank you,
Ilya

Bumping the thread! AnyOne that can give me some information about the Penn state scandal and how it relates to this insurance?

Bumping the thread! AnyOne that can give me some information about the Penn state scandal and how it relates to this insurance?

Most preferred insurance policies for educational institutions include coverage for sexual abuse and molestation. They may also have a "sub-limit" that is lower than the general liability limit. For instance if the general liability limit is $1,000,000per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate, the sub-limit for sexual abuse and molestation may be 100k/200k.

I would expect Penn State to have plenty of insurance coverage to defend themselves for this type of incident.

I'm sure someone will end up getting sued over all of that. No telling how much money will be paid out.

Most of the users on this site are sales folks, not claims. It's like you're going into a room full of car salesmen and asking what the timing sequence is on the 2012 7 series.

I think you're question has a flaws premise in that this isn't anything particularly interesting from an insurance perspective. Yes, policies have sub-limits and an event occurred. In many ways this is as consequential as a car accident.

The policy may or may not cover the legal defense as part of that limit (although I doubt it will come out of a sub-limit).

What's even less interesting is what policy limits Penn State has.

If you're really curious, you should probably call a commercial carrier and try to talk to one of their adjusters.

Why does this matter for your class? This seems like an academic exercise in pointlessness. What is the purpose of your research? Maybe you could pick a better topic?

The purpose of the paper is to take a position on a current p&c insurance topic. If you guys have any suggestions for topics they would be much appreciated.

I think it's possible your professor needs to have their head examined.

What are some other topics you've thought of?

I write several day care centers, all of whom carry Abuse & Molestation Coverage. Most companies now offer $1m/$2m limits on abuse & molesation and professional liability insurance. One of our carriers offers $1m/$3m limits. I'm sure your professor can introduce you to some independent agents in your area who write child care centers, adult day care centers, in-home healthcare companies, etc. who can help with your interview.

Google "day care sexual abuse lawsuits" and unfortunately you'll find plenty of stories. The forum won't allow me to post a URL, but add "Nashua" to the above keywords and you'll find the article I tried to post. This article is a huge reason not to sell sub-limits. Hope this helps.

Had a buddy that went to Temple in Philly and majored in Risk Management.

Great business school for people that want to get into this field!!

Go Owls!

Back