Need Info and Advice

newbroker

Hello I'm a new health, life and annuity licensee in fl, I have a few questions to throw at you guy's.
I'm looking to start as part-time due to the fact that I all ready have a full time job as a county criminal investigator, now dont get me wrong about the part-time, I'm motivated and will to work hard to be successful.

Now to my questions, oviously it's always better to start as a captive agent under one company to get experience, but I dont have that luxury. How and where do you guys recommend I can get the training I need?

Is there a site or how can I find all the health providers companies that I can broker for?

I've heard there is a lot of agents making money in the medicare side here Miami, do any of you have experience in that field in fl, How is the best way to break in as a broker?

Thanks guys for all your help, this really is a great informative site.

Part time health sales are going to be almost impossible. As a captive you can get training, leads, etc but they usually want full time.

You might be able to find a Medicare IMO willing to train you, but not on nights & weekends.

I think you are in a corner with no way out.

You got to dive in with this one, or at least work your non-insurance type jobs nights and weekends in order to give this business the attention it deserves.

Don't believe a word these guys say. It can be done.

I started working part time, and doing pizza delivery part time.

Here's how it went:

9 - 11:30 Insurance Networking and cold calling
11:30 - 1pm Changed clothes in the bathroom at Pizza Hut and delivered to the lunch time crowd (mostly businesses)
2:00 - 6pm Changed clothes and sold insurance
6 - 8pm took a break

Fri-Sun delivered til closing

Mon - Thurs alternated networking with delivery

took my 9 months to get my business off the ground.

Here's how it went:

11:30 - 1pm Changed clothes in the bathroom at Pizza Hut and delivered to the lunch time crowd (mostly businesses)
6 - 8pm took a break

I agree, there are a certain amount of the "Insurance is a Religion" types around here. If you really want it, you can do it. It might not be easy and some long days but what the hell, if you are young enough you can do it!

Here's how it went:

6 - 8pm took a break

You just agreed with me. As far as I can tell he wanted to work a full time M-F 9-5 type job and then try to sell health. since most business owners are in during theses times his prospecting periods would be very limited to businesses that open before he has to be at work and that have decison makers that stay after he gets off. To make insurance work he needs to do something like you.

Can it be done? Yes.

Will most successfully transition from PT to FT? No.

The PT agent first came in to fashion with A. L. Williams. A few agents not only made it but prospered mostly through their recruiting efforts as opposed to personal production.

I started part time in college but never really made any money or understood the market until I graduated and went full time. My college sales were to a very limited market, selling financed life insurance.

I have seen quite a few PT'ers fail. Even those who start FT have an uphill battle. It takes a lot of tools to succeed in this business.

Which is why World Financial Group, Primerica, and such like that "win" - they get the numbers to do a little, and then when they fail, the upline gets to keep the client, plus they've taken such a huge override they made money all the way.

Back