Need input for new agent in CA

BDC5

After reading quite a few posts on how to get started in this business, training to build a sustainable prospecting system (without spending a lot of money) is tops on my priority list. For that, I'm going to pursue DHK's recommendation regarding the training at Insurance Pro Shop. I have been considering joining one of the major mutuals (Mass, Guardian, NYL) as a career agent to get started. However, I could be mistaken, but it seems that between all of the knowledge and experience available on the forums along with the Pro Shop Training and carrier support, that could be enough to get started provided I supply the necessary level of activity. If your were starting out indy today, what carriers do you recommend contracting with directly for WL (I'm already contracted direct with ON), IUL, (both products in most cases to be structured as a fixed income alternative in retirement planning) GUL, and DI. My target market is small business owners, professionals and skilled laborers with families 35-55? I plan on leading with Term w/conversion and DI as I get better at fact finding. I'm considering Levinson or 3Mark as my IMO to supplement direct carriers, If you have other recommendations I'm all ears. Finally, who should I reach out to learn how to properly structure these contracts appropriately?

I appreciate you all taking the time to respond.

I'm considering Levinson or 3Mark as my IMO to supplement direct carriers, If you have other recommendations I'm all ears. Finally, who should I reach out to learn how to properly structure these contracts appropriately?

A couple of IMOs you can check out:
Partners Advantage is based here in Riverside.

Postema Marketing Group Postema Marketing Group has partnered with IPS and Sandy Schussel (in the past), so you may find some better compatibility in case design.

Also, IPS will help you understand how to structure insurance contracts for clients via their recorded webinars. If you buy a system, they'll help you design your first couple of cases with YOUR carriers.

Back