Need legal advice. IMO pretty much stole the leads I bought from them.

Jewlee

Expert
Hello, if I could get some advice I'd appreciate it, as I believe this is illegal what just happened to me and I really don't want to go that route.

I signed on with IMO with a digital platform (independent, not captured) to sell final expense and bought $1000 worth of leads that this company sells. I was trying to study for the AHIP at the same time as learning their system, the carrier info and making calls to where I knew that I was overwhelming myself. My goal was to get AHIP cert and work at least one open enrollment season while doing FE at the same time. However, I was offered a fantastic position with a company where they'd pay for my AHIP study and cert to which I passed and am now going to sell for them during AEP. I'm obviously going to be a captured agent for HEALTH ONLY with this company and they are okay with me selling FE as long as they are not their leads. I was totally upfront with the digital FE company I signed up with as an independent agent, and they said it was okay with me then selling FE on the side using their platform. After all, the digital platform IMO does not provide leads, you have to buy the leads from them.

The other day I went to sign in to the digital platform since I have a possible sale from a family member's good friend only to find out that I have been locked out of everything. They will not respond either and have all the leads I bought from them ($1000) and many that I inputted that are personal leads.

I cannot believe this company would do this to me. I was totally upfront with what was going on in my professional life and they had no problem with it. I want not only the $1000 in leads that I paid them for, but also they now have personal leads to which I inputted and I do not want them to have those leads. This just cannot be legal?

Any advice on how I can move forward with this company would be appreciated. Are the leads I paid them for their leads? Because they have always said they are your leads since you paid for them, you take them with you. Their actions are reflecting different though. Thank you so much for any assistance.....

Hello, if I could get some advice I'd appreciate it, as I believe this is illegal what just happened to me and I really don't want to go that route.

I signed on with IMO with a digital platform (independent, not captured) to sell final expense and bought $1000 worth of leads that this company sells. I was trying to study for the AHIP at the same time as learning their system, the carrier info and making calls to where I knew that I was overwhelming myself. My goal was to get AHIP cert and work at least one open enrollment season while doing FE at the same time. However, I was offered a fantastic position with a company where they'd pay for my AHIP study and cert to which I passed and am now going to sell for them during AEP. I'm obviously going to be a captured agent for HEALTH ONLY with this company and they are okay with me selling FE as long as they are not their leads. I was totally upfront with the digital FE company I signed up with as an independent agent, and they said it was okay with me then selling FE on the side using their platform. After all, the digital platform IMO does not provide leads, you have to buy the leads from them.

The other day I went to sign in to the digital platform since I have a possible sale from a family member's good friend only to find out that I have been locked out of everything. They will not respond either and have all the leads I bought from them ($1000) and many that I inputted that are personal leads.

I cannot believe this company would do this to me. I was totally upfront with what was going on in my professional life and they had no problem with it. I want not only the $1000 in leads that I paid them for, but also they now have personal leads to which I inputted and I do not want them to have those leads. This just cannot be legal?

Any advice on how I can move forward with this company would be appreciated. Are the leads I paid them for their leads? Because they have always said they are your leads since you paid for them, you take them with you. Their actions are reflecting different though. Thank you so much for any assistance.....
You can start by telling us the name of this IMO. :yes:

Any advice on how I can move forward with this company would be appreciated. Are the leads I paid them for their leads? Because they have always said they are your leads since you paid for them, you take them with you.

"Said"?

What did they put in writing? Is there some sort of written contract about the purchase of the leads? Anything on their website that you might have gotten a screen shot of?

There is no crime here. Nobody is going to jail for it. At best it's breach of contract if you indeed owned the leads that you bought.

For $1000 you go to small claims court.

Probably not. Are you going to enable them to do this to other agents by not saying who it is?
Abused Agent Syndrome is a real thing.

This sounds like a job for Prepaid Legal with a business rider. (Superman impression). If by chance you do have a membership call your provider law firm and speak with an Attorney about your situation.

Otherwise give your agreement a good read and go to battle as best as possible. Yup I learned the hard way to always have a personal copy of leads.

Jewlee,

I'm reading the notes on your file. You told us you took a position with another agency on August 11th , so we deactivated your accounts. Like we do for every agent that isn't active.

You sent an email on Saturday demanding to reactivate your accounts and posted this message the next business day? We simply hadn't gotten to your email yet and would have re-enabled.

I see an email to you today saying your accounts are re-enabled and you can export all your leads or continue to work them in the system.

Jewlee,

I'm reading the notes on your file. You told us you took a position with another agency on August 11th , so we deactivated your accounts. Like we do for every agent that isn't active.

You sent an email on Saturday demanding to reactivate your accounts and posted this message the next business day? We simply hadn't gotten to your email yet and would have re-enabled.

I see an email to you today saying your accounts are re-enabled and you can export all your leads or continue to work them in the system.

You know Jeff, I was trying to get advice from experienced people in this form who do NOT know who I am nor the company I was talking about ...but I guess you made that happen now, didn't you?

No that was not my conversation with Anthony who provides a 15 minute broker a once a week which is probably why he FORGET our conversation. He must be so very busy.. I specifically said that I was going to sell life insurance on the side and my intention was to get AHIP certified, to which I am now certified. In addition, I need to get at least one AEP under my belt for experience so that I could come back and sell both health and life independently. I'm shocked that he didn't remember our conversation, but then again, he didn't provide very much support either.

I'm pissed at all these accusations being flung out here at me. NONE of this is my fault and who the hell is checking up on what I'm doing here in this forum, but not able to return my emails about being disabled and locked out? Really??

I think you need to have a SERIOUS discussion with one of your brokers. I'm appalled I needed to come here to this forum for advice because NO ONE from your company would get back to me, and now I'm getting accusations ....clearly unprofessional.

This would have never happened if someone in your company was doing their job properly.

If I've offended you, oh well. If you want me to leave the platform, fine. I have a couple of life insurance policies I need to get through by next weekend, but I'm sure I can get these two individuals to wait while I find another company who wants to work with me.

I have a couple of life insurance policies I need to get through by next weekend, but I'm sure I can get these two individuals to wait while I find another company who wants to work with me.

Sounds like Jeff dodged a bullet with this one. I doubt he cares after what you just posted.

So one of his employees screwed up. Either from negligence or an innocent misunderstanding.... but the employee screwed up.

Your issue was resolved within 24 hours of informing them about the issue. (you cant count the weekend)

The owner of the company saw (or was informed of) this post on the forum, investigated the issue and publicly responded with assurances that the issue was already corrected.

At most he needs to increase training with that individual. Your bashing is completely unprofessional and out of line.

And it was not hard to read between the lines and know which IMO you were talking about. I knew it could only be 1 of maybe 3 out there... and Jeff's is very well known here on the forum since he is a long time member. Plus you used your real name for your forum screenname.... plus your face pic for the avatar on posts... all Jeff did was confirm that it was indeed his IMO just like everyone here assumed.

Last edited:
You know Jeff, I was trying to get advice from experienced people in this form who do NOT know who I am nor the company I was talking about ...but I guess you made that happen now, didn't you?

No that was not my conversation with Anthony who provides a 15 minute broker a once a week which is probably why he FORGET our conversation. He must be so very busy.. I specifically said that I was going to sell life insurance on the side and my intention was to get AHIP certified, to which I am now certified. In addition, I need to get at least one AEP under my belt for experience so that I could come back and sell both health and life independently. I'm shocked that he didn't remember our conversation, but then again, he didn't provide very much support either.

I'm pissed at all these accusations being flung out here at me. NONE of this is my fault and who the hell is checking up on what I'm doing here in this forum, but not able to return my emails about being disabled and locked out? Really??

I think you need to have a SERIOUS discussion with one of your brokers. I'm appalled I needed to come here to this forum for advice because NO ONE from your company would get back to me, and now I'm getting accusations ....clearly unprofessional.

This would have never happened if someone in your company was doing their job properly.

If I've offended you, oh well. If you want me to leave the platform, fine. I have a couple of life insurance policies I need to get through by next weekend, but I'm sure I can get these two individuals to wait while I find another company who wants to work with me.

We got back to you within 24 hours of receiving the message on Monday and gave you exactly what you wanted - access to your CRM and leads.

I never revealed your name. There are no accusations against you.

Sounds like Jeff dodged a bullet with this one. I doubt he cares after what you just posted.

So one of his employees screwed up. Either from negligence or an innocent misunderstanding.... but the employee screwed up.

Your issue was resolved within 24 hours of informing them about the issue. (you cant count the weekend)

The owner of the company saw (or was informed of) this post on the forum, investigated the issue and publicly responded with assurances that the issue was already corrected.

At most he needs to increase training with that individual. Your bashing is completely unprofessional and out of line.

And it was not hard to read between the lines and know which IMO you were talking about. I knew it could only be 1 of maybe 3 out there... and Jeff's is very well known here on the forum since he is a long time member. Plus you used your real name for your forum screenname.... plus your face pic for the avatar on posts... all Jeff did was confirm that it was indeed his IMO just like everyone here assumed.

You said it more professionally than what I wrote, then deleted.
I could never do adult daycare. Tried it once. I just do not have the temperment.

Back