Need LTC Company Recomendations

BoBs321

Are there any companies whose business plan doesnt revolve around making it as hard as possible to make a claim? I just want to know the insurance will be there if I need it at 85 and I won't have to spend the final years of my life fighting with an insurance company to pay legitimate claims. I've read so many reviews that even the best companies deny over and over and make you submit the same paperwok 5 times through snail mail.

Are there any companies whose business plan doesnt revolve around making it as hard as possible to make a claim? I just want to know the insurance will be there if I need it at 85 and I won't have to spend the final years of my life fighting with an insurance company to pay legitimate claims. I've read so many reviews that even the best companies deny over and over and make you submit the same paperwok 5 times through snail mail.
That's not my experience personally or professionally.

Many times, the "horror stories" that you read about online are far from legitimate claims.

Same thing happens with disability carriers.

Most of it is the policyowner not understanding what they own and making claims not supported by medical evidence/need.

That's not my experience personally or professionally.

Many times, the "horror stories" that you read about online are far from legitimate claims.

Same thing happens with disability carriers.

Most of it is the policyowner not understanding what they own and making claims not supported by medical evidence/need.

Thanks. I appeciate the perspective.

Not my experience at all. You only need to submit multiple times if the paperwork was incorrect.

Some consumers do not understand why paperwork has to be correct or fully filled out. But there are laws and regulations that must be followed, especially with legal documents.

I remember a woman who skipped the section requiring her to explain why she could not perform her job duties, and what those job duties are. She felt that the disability and job title should "speak for themselves". Not the way the world works when it comes to legal documents.

That is very often the disconnect with consumers.... they do not realize insurance paperwork is a legal document that must be correctly and fully filled out.

Or they doctor shop to find one that will say what they want them to say, then dont understand why the insurer does not agree with this 1 MD whos opinion is contested by 8 other MDs

Not my experience at all. You only need to submit multiple times if the paperwork was incorrect.

Some consumers do not understand why paperwork has to be correct or fully filled out. But there are laws and regulations that must be followed, especially with legal documents.

I remember a woman who skipped the section requiring her to explain why she could not perform her job duties, and what those job duties are. She felt that the disability and job title should "speak for themselves". Not the way the world works when it comes to legal documents.

That is very often the disconnect with consumers.... they do not realize insurance paperwork is a legal document that must be correctly and fully filled out.

Or they doctor shop to find one that will say what they want them to say, then dont understand why the insurer does not agree with this 1 MD whos opinion is contested by 8 other MDs
Thanks. I appreciate the insight!

i find the claims administrator for National Guardian Life is terrific to work with at claim time.
For asset based policies, OneAmerica is also very helpful.

LTCG can sometimes be frustrating to work with at claim time. It administers for numerous insurance companies.

i find the claims administrator for National Guardian Life is terrific to work with at claim time.
For asset based policies, OneAmerica is also very helpful.

LTCG can sometimes be frustrating to work with at claim time. It administers for numerous insurance companies.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I truly appreciate it.
I want to believe the bad reviews are anomalies and that people don't write good reviews to the BBB, but it's hard when you read stuff like this.

https://www.bbb.org/us/wi/madison/p...urance-company-0694-25001231/customer-reviews

I dont know much about National Guardian Life as I believe they are in the pre-need funeral policies. I would love to know if those bad reviews are policies where people bought the policies relatively soon before passing away? IE: Are they issuing policies to individuals with limited or no questions & many individuals head to the funeral home to purchase a plan soon after leaving the Drs office or meeting with Hospice.

If that is the majority of their market, could they be looking into the answers on the application to determine if the policy will be paid out or merely the premiums refunded.

National Guardian Life has nothing to do with underwriting or the administration of its LTC policy. It uses Lifecare Assurance in Woodland Hills, CA for everything. Same administrator Mass Mutual used for its LTC policy for 20 years.
You deal entirely with Lifecare Assurance.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I truly appreciate it.
I want to believe the bad reviews are anomalies and that people don't write good reviews to the BBB, but it's hard when you read stuff like this.

https://www.bbb.org/us/wi/madison/p...urance-company-0694-25001231/customer-reviews

Yeah, those reviews seem like they are for funeral expense policies handled by NGL home office. I can’t comment on that. Nothing to do with the Lifecare Assurance claims administration for LTC policies.

National Guardian Life has nothing to do with underwriting or the administration of its LTC policy. It uses Lifecare Assurance in Woodland Hills, CA for everything. Same administrator Mass Mutual used for its LTC policy for 20 years.
You deal entirely with Lifecare Assurance.

Sorry. I was responding to the link he provided where it was almost entirely about pre-need funeral policies from what I saw.

Latest posts

Back